1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutley terrible...... No wait. That's my build.[S ;)
Yours ZZ continues to set the bar higher with everything that you do.:cool:
[cl[cl
Torchie.

First 2 pics show the changes from the Dec / 2013 mock up (snow on the ground) to now - fender openings, running boards, grille shell, headlights and tail lights - really a bunch of small and subtle things that come together.
Plus a couple worms eye view shots.... :)

Attachments

• DSC00043.jpg
    DSC00043.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC01974 a.jpg
    DSC01974 a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC00030.jpg
    DSC00030.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 91
Hey Old Iron,Im patient..Hey ZZ,you working on the hood yet?? {just joking}

Soon, grasshopper, soon.....

I figured those should be big.
It looks awesome!

Thanks, now I don't have to squint :)

I have to finish up the mods to the front fenders so they mate up to the firewall, then I'll start on the hood sides. Got the right one done today and started on the left side. I had to split the fender all along the edge where it mates to the bottom of the hood side to re-align it, then extend the flange and fill the hole. I clamped a piece of 1x1" to the flange to keep it straight while welding it back together [;) All this extra fab is due to the fenders being mounted 5" forward from stock.

Attachments

• DSC00047.jpg
    DSC00047.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00049.jpg
    DSC00049.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 90
Soon, grasshopper, soon.....

Thanks, now I don't have to squint :)

I have to finish up the mods to the front fenders so they mate up to the firewall, then I'll start on the hood sides. Got the right one done today and started on the left side. I had to split the fender all along the edge where it mates to the bottom of the hood side to re-align it, then extend the flange and fill the hole. I clamped a piece of 1x1" to the flange to keep it straight while welding it back together [;) All this extra fab is due to the fenders being mounted 5" forward from stock.

Nice work! The way you did it looks factory!

Getting started on the first hood side fab. I don't have the tooling to create the reveal to match up to the one on the body side so I cheated and used a piece of 1x1" for the top and sanded the edges down so they match up to the reveal on the cowl, tacked the side panel up to it with a 3/16" recess. On the lower edge I backed it with 3/4x3/4" tube to keep it straight - all welding will be done on the backside. Hard to see, but I brought the 1" top piece to a point at the front similar to the factory side panel. The sides will be fixed and the hood top will open at the front - that's a big blank side but I have some ideas how to deal with that.....

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00055.jpg
    DSC00055.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 103
Looking good! Assume you made a template first but what did you use to cut out the panel? Anxious to see what you do with the blank area. [P[P[P

Yes, I made a cardboard template, just cut the sheet (18ga.) with a jigsaw. Yep somethin' fancy to go in the hood sides.

Kool idea! I guess the car is wide enough to be able to work on the engine ,with the sides fixed.

Yeh, there is enough room for engine work, besides, I have long arms.

Would you like to come to the states for a working visit?

I only work for beer and peanuts...;)

With both hood sides made and mounted, I marked an approximate outline for openings to be cut.

Attachments

• DSC00056.jpg
    DSC00056.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00058.jpg
    DSC00058.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC00060.jpg
    DSC00060.jpg