1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that aircleaner rev.1 from the Black Rat build?

Amazing fit on the hood sides (as if anyone expected anything less).

-Chaz

That flows nicely! Will they get stainless inserts to match the grill and dash? :cool:

Looks awesome!! So what is the plan for the cut outs? Lever operated vent doors??? That would be pretty sweet....

Stainless, yes, though not exactly vents....:)

Is that aircleaner rev.1 from the Black Rat build?

-Chaz

Good eye - yes, that's a reject from the Black Rat, just sittin' there, I've got something else for this engine.

Sooo, I've been busy making these stainless megaphone sidepipes that emerge from the hoodsides. Made from a section of 4"ss pipe, a 4" U-bend and a 3" U-bend, I welded a piece of 1/4" rod to the tip to give it a rolled edge look, also shaped it to a teardrop shape to match the headlights and tail lights. They mount to the head of the engine and will be functional - I have 3" electric cutouts that will mount to the header collectors and will route a 3" pipe up to the sidepipes. To finish the edge of the opening, I took a hammer and dolly and rolled it in a bit.
Just for tuning purposes of course [ddd. Not that I like to occasionally listen to an unmuffled big block....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC00063.jpg
    DSC00063.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00064.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00066.jpg
    DSC00066.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00067.jpg
    DSC00067.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00069.jpg
    DSC00069.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 111
:eek: Oh freakin' WOW! Big and black....maybe so, a repeat of the Caddy....no way! This is gonna be the wildest Packard on the planet! :cool:
If we don't get a video of that thing blasting past your house with the cutouts open I'm gonna be seriously disappointed! :D
[P[P[P

I believe Mr. Farm committed a typo and meant to say:

If we don't get a video of that thing blasting past your house with the cutouts open WE'RE gonna be seriously disappointed! :D

With one feature you changed this car from a nearly stock-appearing rod to a wild custom! That's going to be awesome!

The pipes have always been in the plan, I've just been holding my cards close :cool:

How hard is it going to be to route the exhaust all the way up there?

It's going to be a real pain in the scrote, but I'll make it happen somehow.... [S

That pipe looks good. But, it sure would look cool to have 4 on each side .:eek:

Is that the "more is better" theory ?

Got the other side made and mounted and just had to get it outside for a better look.

Attachments

• DSC00078.jpg
    DSC00078.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC00079.jpg
    DSC00079.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC00076.jpg
    DSC00076.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00085.jpg
    DSC00085.jpg