1946 (or so) Ford rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. :D

What kind of motor are you looking for? I have several I would part worth.

Well ford isn't my style lol. I guess I should of said I have several GM engines I would part with.

The only 6 banger I have is a 60s model international. It's not a flathead tho.

A guy from down the street stopped to look at the 58 ford I just got. Started talking about the rat, and that I was looking for a motor. He said he had a 289 with a C6 trans that he is looking to sell. Came out of a 66 mustang. Anyway. Long story short. I'm gonna put new floor pans in his mustang, in trade for the motor.

A guy from down the street stopped to look at the 58 ford I just got. Started talking about the rat, and that I was looking for a motor. He said he had a 289 with a C6 trans that he is looking to sell. Came out of a 66 mustang. Anyway. Long story short. I'm gonna put new floor pans in his mustang, in trade for the motor.

That sounds like a good trade. Do you know anything about the condition of the
Engine and trans. ?

Looks like you've got a good start with a pretty straight cab.
Stay after it.

Bought a seatthis past week end it seems to fit just right. Also got the sun roof cut out and started. I know not my idea, but I just seen a fellas thread that he did and it looked awsome.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest here, but I'll ask anyway. I got a set of semi wheels n tires. You guys see any problem using them with this axle? I know I'll have to make some adaptors. I actuall have two rear axles worth. Thought about putting them on the front to.[S

I can't help you with your wheel question, but your truck is coming along nicely. Long and low is the way to go.

the thing you have to remember, is that semi wheels and tires are HEAVY, they will effect the ride quality on a light truck like yours, and need plenty of gear ratio (4.56-4.88) to make up for the large diameter tires. that said, duals on the rear would look bad ass.

Thanks for the responses. The axle came out of a 56 ford 1/2. Anyone know what gear is in it? Does any one make adapters?

BOTH my daily drivers broke down in one week. There fixed now, so hopefully I can get the rat back in the shop this week.

Haven't checked on this one for awhile. Man, you've done some work! So was the 'sunroof' because you had trouble welding up the chop? Nice door panels. Ever thought of making it a flat bed?

Latest posts

Back