1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey torchie, I'll keep an eye out for ya in my neck of the woods. For the most part, stuff here is reasonable to downright cheap. Heres a question for ya though, why not pick up Bob's t-bucket?

LOL.
I looked hard at bobs ride endicott. It is a great build for a great price.[cl
My issue is that I'm on a very fixed budget and most of the bread that I got for my custom has already been allocated towards getting caught up on some things as well as turning my bathroom into a legit handicap facility. Even with me doing as much of the work as I can that isn't going to be cheap.
The other problem that I have is that I have been doing this stuff for so long that I can remember buying cars and driving them home for a 1/4 of what people are now asking for things around here with 4 flat tires.:eek:[ddd Must be getting old.....
I guess that I still like to think that I have at least one more build left in me even if it's just a simple one.
As far as the T bucket goes. I'm not even sure that I could drive one anymore but I would still like to build one and this one is close to me and my price point.
And that's the short answer..........[ddd ;)
Torchie

Torchie,
You could build a T bucket-like rusty rod for under $3,000. Under $2,000 if you are a good scrounger. With your skills it wouldn't take too long and you could probably make money on the project. The nice thing is you can stand or sit while fabricating most of it. No crawling in or under the thing.

I've got a bunch of sheet metal from old bodies squirreled away for my "last " project. The one I'm going to fiddle with in my old age. You should be able to find 1920's or 30's sedan sheet metal for practically free in the UP. Nice thing about a project like that is you can see the finish line from the starting line. Not a massive project like your truck.

And it doesn't take up much room.

Torchie,
You could build a T bucket-like rusty rod for under $3,000. Under $2,000 if you are a good scrounger. With your skills it wouldn't take too long and you could probably make money on the project. The nice thing is you can stand or sit while fabricating most of it. No crawling in or under the thing.

I've got a bunch of sheet metal from old bodies squirreled away for my "last " project. The one I'm going to fiddle with in my old age. You should be able to find 1920's or 30's sedan sheet metal for practically free in the UP. Nice thing about a project like that is you can see the finish line from the starting line. Not a massive project like your truck.

And it doesn't take up much room.

My thoughts exactly bob.....:cool:
The crawling around on the ground stuff is what tears up my stump. Not to mention back. Shoulders.....:eek:
If I go t-bucket I'm considering putting it up up 55 gallon drums once it is a roller since I don't have a hoist.
My custom reached the phase that it would take a big injection of cash to get it to the next step and the only way to get that cash was to sell the project.[S
Kind of like O. Henrys "The gift of the Magi".:)
A car like the one you have for sale would be almost twice the price you are asking around by me. But that doesn't mean that it would sell.
I suspect that like you when I priced out my custom to sell I looked at a lot of things and came up with a price that I could live with.
Torchie

Hey Torch, I know where there are some old roadster cowls. And one with a bit of a tub left. I wanna say it was a 4 door touring car. If I can get ahold of it, would you be interested? Hell, I'd even bring em out to you if it meant I could pick your brain for an hour or so.

These are the ones I'm thinking. I'm sure I could get em for next to nothin.

Thanks for the generous offer endicott.:)
Lets see how this plays out as the guy with the one I'm watching just lowered his price. I am trying to line up a ride to see it as we speak.
And you can pick my brain anytime. That's why we are all here on RRR...:D
Torchie

Another chapter comes to an end.

Good bye and good luck.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2897.jpg
    IMG_2897.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2899.jpg
    IMG_2899.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2902.jpg
    IMG_2902.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 36
Sweet looking truck. Hopefully the new owner keeps you in the loop and you can see what happens with it.

An empty garage is kind of like having a blank pallet, but kind of sad, as well.

Look at it this way; you just created space for the next project, and got the money to build it. Your truck was one of the iconic builds on RRR. Thanks for the detailed build thread.[cl

Well, we all do this stuff for enjoyment. We all have certainly enjoyed the trip thru building this one. I personally hate to see it go before that magical ride. As much as I like building things, nothing is as satisfying as burnin up the roads around here in a truck that I spent so much time with building. I understand the needs tho....

NEXT!!!

Thanks for the kind words gang.:)
It's a little strange walking out into the shop and having it empty. The semi driver must have spent the night in my small town because as I went out to breakfast this morning he passed me going south. The custom looked pretty good going down the highway........
I have been looking at a couple of things but nothing that really speaks to me yet.
Probably just spend the next few days getting things back to order out in the garage and see what becomes available.....
Thanks for stopping by.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back