1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first thought: I could bid on that - it could be mine! Then I remembered, I spent all my $$$ on the Ranch Wagon.

Interesting that the new owner's attention span was so short.

Plenty of things to say, but this cheap photochop "takes the cake". :(

s-l1600.jpg

That's a photo shop:eek:. I didn't think that I had packed that young lady up with all the spare parts good DR. LOL

those taillights are burning my eye sockets. [P

They look like Olds which is alright but I never would have put them there. My first thought was how much time I spent removing the holes from those fenders.[;)

Made me a little sad to see it.
I agree on the recognition, that was nice of them.

Made me sad as well OI. My hope was that this custom would get finished and not just sit in some ones garage. My wife even noticed that I was bummed.LOL
The fact that I was mentioned as the builder.Well.......

My first thought: I could bid on that - it could be mine! Then I remembered, I spent all my $$$ on the Ranch Wagon.

Interesting that the new owner's attention span was so short.

That was my second thought DJ. My first was WTF....
Says the he is selling due to health issue. Sounds familiar.....
Torchie

I think we ought to buy this as a group of like minded, obsessive compulsive gear heads, finish it with Torchie's visions and direction and send it to his house for safe keeping and exposure to the public.

That's kinda sad to me. I don't like how he put it into gray primer and pulled off the hubcaps and skirts. It just doesn't look right anymore. I hate to make assumptions but I wouldn't be surprised if the buyer/seller got to pricing things like paint out and realized he was in over his head. Of course, he could also be telling the truth. Ya never know. Things can just spring up unexpectedly.

They look like Olds which is alright but I never would have put them there. My first thought was how much time I spent removing the holes from those fenders.[;)

yeah they dont fit the look of the truck at all, I knew right away that wasnt your handiwork. they look like the googly eyed "bolt ons" pointing different directions at the run down, half buried, "gentlemans club" on the outskirts of town, where the gal will sit in your lap for the rest of your sandwich.

I second the motion to group buy it!

Good grief! Staring that low with no reserve?

My thoughts as well eman.
I would hate to see him take a big loss on this. He was very straight forward and easy to deal with and as excited as a kid on Christmas morning when he bought the truck.
Having spent the better part of the 18 years dealing with health issues I wish him only the best.
Torchie

I think we ought to buy this as a group of like minded, obsessive compulsive gear heads, finish it with Torchie's visions and direction and send it to his house for safe keeping and exposure to the public.

Where do I send my $20?

When I get my truck outta the shop and get to working again that is....

It is always tough to see one of our babies go down the road and someone else making changes to it. This is the first time I have been choked up when someone else baby is rolling away.

Truck looks great Torchie. Be proud. You did good work. Lets hope someone buys her and treats her right.

I agree with Gold, now I've been choked up twice about this baby rollin' down the road; not good.
I agree with JoeDoh, the tail lights should not be facing different directions [although I was caught up in his analogy for a while there], and they should not be in the fenders. Gravel will beat the tar out of the back of the light and the wiring.
I agree with Endicott, the caps and skirts have to come back on the truck.
I agree with POPS, we should do something.

I agree with Gold, now I've been choked up twice about this baby rollin' down the road; not good.
I agree with JoeDoh, the tail lights should not be facing different directions [although I was caught up in his analogy for a while there], and they should not be in the fenders. Gravel will beat the tar out of the back of the light and the wiring.
I agree with Endicott, the caps and skirts have to come back on the truck.
I agree with POPS, we should do something.

Well Mac. Now you can get choked up a 3rd time.[ddd
New,new owner has it up for sale already......
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5867897168.html
Torchie

:confused: Why is it changing hands so many times :confused:
Do the new owners not know how to finish it [ddd [P

Good questions OI.
The first guy that bought it turned out to be a car flipper. He stripped a bunch of parts of it for another car(Tires and wheels. Skirts and bumpers) and then sent it down the road.
The new owner made a point of tracking me down to ask questions and to tell me that he was going to finish it as well as having a Magazine already having interest in doing an article.
Swore that it was in "good" hands.
Oh well.
In the words of the immortal Chuck Berry."C'est La Vie say the old folks. It goes to show you never can tell."
Torchie

:confused: Why is it changing hands so many times :confused:
Do the new owners not know how to finish it [ddd [P

I think its a little of that, where they think it will be SO EASY to kick up in the driveway and do the little things, and a little of opportunity cost, where they say "hmm, I could spend $2000 or make $2000".

most guys here know, its the LITTLE things, the finishing stuff that takes the longest. plopping a body on a frame, easy peasy done in a day. wiring a new harness, a little longer. brake lines and bleeding, a week maybe, putting in glass and carpet and trim, a millenium or two.

I agree with JoeDoh, the tail lights should not be facing different directions [although I was caught up in his analogy for a while there]

haha I kid you not, there is a gentlemans club here just like that called the Red Garter, its one of those half buired buildings on the outskirts of town. its even next to the "69 motel"!

Latest posts

Back