1967 cadillac limo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think the 455 Olds is a bolt in cuz the motor mounts are quite different on the Cadillac. Trans should bolt up tho. Why not stick with the Caddy motor? Can't beat the Caddy for torque, you'll need it to pull that big limo.

Good used 472 Cadillac engines are relatively inexpensive. I bought one out of a 73 hearse, runs perfect and low mileage, $400. There's one on craigslist in Richmond va for $200. Look around or run a "Wanted" ad. Nother thing to remeber is you devalue your Caddy if you install a non stock motor. Good luck!:)

472 Cad engine

I've been told from an older (55) friend who used to build caddy engines years ago that you can swap all the bolt-ons off the front of the engine from a 425 to the 472 and loose something like 8 pounds of rolling mass. That frees up a lot of horses, cheap.

I've been told from an older (55) friend who used to build caddy engines years ago that you can swap all the bolt-ons off the front of the engine from a 425 to the 472 and loose something like 8 pounds of rolling mass. That frees up a lot of horses, cheap.

Your friend is probably talking about swapping the 472 cast iron front pulleys for the 425 sheet metal pulleys. There is about 8 lbs difference, every little bit helps!![cl

Latest posts

Back