1969 triumph spitfire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzy

I am the new owner of a spitfire, not sure why but the price was right. I have not told my wife but next year I will. Not sure what to do with it, not running but 99% there. I think she could really enjoy it if I get it up and running. I sat in it today to see if I could fit ( 6ft 3 and 270lb and that is just one leg). surprised that I had about the same room as I do in my model A.:D:D

Those are cool if you can keep it running...Lucas electrics. Or you can do something similar to this Sprite....Mazda rotory powered...or even an Olds quad four or Honda power.

sprite.jpg

Speaking of Shelby, I wonder if you could dig up one of the '84 - '86 Dodge Shelbly Charger 1.8L 4 cyclinder power plants that still works? A lot of zip in a very small package.

In addition to the Lucas issues, really watch the wheel hubs and axles. They are know to go separate ways when cornering when they get older. I've seen it happen on the track for vintage road races on multiple occassions.

not real sure of the direction Ill take, I might see if I leave it stock so the wife will drive it. We already have a few quick cars and bikes ( she has a benz and I have my R1 for all the gitty up, just have to think on this a while, I am still farttin around on my 37 panel and dont want to get to side tracked.

Latest posts

Back