2 Questions, Drip Rail & its just a rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtyrat

Got Fins?
1) Anyone have a source for 48-52 Ford F1 Drip Rail for above the doors? I need to replace mine, and I'm not in the mood to fabricate them. :)

2) Anyone have trouble with leaving body panels alone because its just a rat? I found myself a little frustrated with the roof last night, and I kinda had a hard time to just let it go and throw some paint on it since the corrosion was so bad...

Just trying to remember that it is a rat, not a shiny car...

1) Anyone have a source for 48-52 Ford F1 Drip Rail for above the doors? I need to replace mine, and I'm not in the mood to fabricate them. :)

2) Anyone have trouble with leaving body panels alone because its just a rat? I found myself a little frustrated with the roof last night, and I kinda had a hard time to just let it go and throw some paint on it since the corrosion was so bad...

Just trying to remember that it is a rat, not a shiny car...

i hate my roof
i am gonna cover it with a fake fabric sunroof.
theres more than one way to skin a rhinocerous....:D

Hmmm I'll snap some tomorrow, its just not as flat as I would like, but I need to let it go, the truck cab was a mess when I got it, and I'm not going to spend my life trying to make it super flat =)
I'll probably leave all the dents all over and be ok with it like it is.

Here is a shot of the drip rail area, where I need to add a drip rail on.
And one shot of the roof where you can see where the roof isn't quite as I would like, but I'll hammer and dolly it a bit more and then thats it... some grinding, rust converter, and some primer before it gets too cold for painting altogether...

Anyone have ideas for drip rail?

Attachments

• DSC05249.jpg
    DSC05249.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC05253.jpg
    DSC05253.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 22
I've actually been able to find drip rail on eBay. It's krazy sometimes the things people have saved & are selling! Never know unless you look!

BoB

iv been known to use metal rod for drip rails, but honestly i take them off... lol

You know, I think perhaps you are on to something here..
I may look at bending the rod with my bender and what not, and see if I cant form the flat stock to that, and weld it together.

thanks for the idea!

Chevettes used stick on drip rail with a screw at each end to keep them anchored. You can get them in black or chrome. Quick and easy, but I don't know what they go for. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back