27 ford t sedan rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowroder

:cool: hi im in ohio im building a 27 ford t sedan. goin to use a speedway frame most likely. any ideas on a rear axle set up?

4-link

l like the 4-link with a pan-hard bar and coil over shock set up. l have had good luck with it and l like the way it rides and handles.

Later:cool:

I've used both the setups mentioned above. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Tell us a bit more about your plans like how low do you want the car to sit, any particular style or theme.......

hi guys. thanks for the info. im wanting to be slamed. goin with a 8 1/2 chop on roof. going to run cheater slicks . any ideas on those like 820-15 or ? how wide of a rim ? my rear end is my bigest ???? i have so far . i want the frame to sit ohhhh about no more then 4" off the ground most likely lower

Check out some of the builds on here, everything you're asking is on the site!!
To sit low you will need to kick the frame up (Z IT) . Just about any type rear suspension can be used, you just have to decide which one you wan to go with!!

Most available Axle would be 1982-93 S10.They are not all that tough but with a basically stock engine it should be fine.I have used them.I also have 3 in my shop waiting for future projects.
I am going with ford 8 inch from 1969 mustang this time because running some big wheels ,And it is a little wider.
But ford 8 and 9 inchers are hard to find and very pricey around here.I got my 8 inch 10 years ago before the world went nuts, and prices of everything skyrocketed.:(
Sounds like a neat project.Please keep us posted.[;)

hey thanks to u guys for the info. ive done alot of lowriders here in toledo. but mostly that was same frame n susp. but just beefing up the frames n adding some spring mods was most i did. just had to mod factory parts that fit right back on. kool on the info i have a idea on this better now. seems like i can use anything really just have to make it fit [cl

sounds cool izzy. ill get some pics up to show you some peeks. just a body n parts at this point

Im have actually decided to sell my chopped 29 sedan body so i can get a 27 t roadster myself. A s10 rear will be fine up to about 400hp. Ive used plenty in my s10 v8 builds.

i think the s 10 is to narrow for my sedan . im thinkin a 60'' wide rear. im runnin 820 -15 cheater slick in rear

my sedan body getn ready for frame

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back