'29 Ford Tudor Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadent

Here are a couple pics from our traditional old skool build in process.

Started with just the body shell, frame and rear end housing in Jan 2011.

'29 tudor, 4" "hacker" chop, 29A lengthened and boxed frame, 350 Chevy, TH350, narrowed 9" Ford, QA1 coil overs, 4x discs, rack-n-pinion, etc.

Lots left to do but it's a DRIVER (finally)...

Attachments

• sac1929-3.jpg
    sac1929-3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 46
  • Roadent-Front.jpg
    Roadent-Front.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Roadent-RFront.jpg
    Roadent-RFront.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Roadent-Side.jpg
    Roadent-Side.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 56
Nice build. Very cool to see another 29 Tudor. I am working on one currently. Getting close to the final stages. Haven't driving mine since last October when I pulled the original running gear.

Nice build. Very cool to see another 29 Tudor. I am working on one currently. Getting close to the final stages. Haven't driving mine since last October when I pulled the original running gear.

How far along are you? Post some pics to this thread if you want. Would like to see your '29 Tudor project!

Are those farm impliment tires on the front? If so, let us know how you like them! I've seen some I really like, just didn't know much about them.

BTW I like it!!!:D

Are those farm impliment tires on the front? If so, let us know how you like them! I've seen some I really like, just didn't know much about them.

BTW I like it!!!:D

Nope...they do look like implement tires especially on the smoothie shallow rims which was the look I was after for this car.

They are Coker Firestone Dirt Track Ribbed Fronts (500-15) available from Summit Racing...$128 each...here's the link to their catalogue page:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/COK-55665/

I found them and thought there were pretty cool...nice tall, skinny profile.

Just got them on last Sunday so not many miles although so far they seem to handle good in the pavement (and the dirt).

How far along are you? Post some pics to this thread if you want. Would like to see your '29 Tudor project!

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19638

Should be taking the first drive this weekend. Its been started, but whats left is basically installing the interior, mounting turn signals up front. Then the rest will come with time running out of money for the tire/wheel combo I am looking for.

How about you, any more plans for your project.

Yep...gotta get the tarp sewn up and snaps put in for the roof cover, going to put weathered barn wood in the rear side windows and antique lettering forsome kind of business name on them, windows in the drivers, passengers and rear.

Something for tunes, probably box in the battery and fuel cell sitting over the rear end.....and a heater...

Just having it a driver is great....

Latest posts

Back