2nd Weekend find....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchs66

We moved into our house 4 years ago and the neighbors place wasn't being mowed very regular, so we started mowing it and letting my daughter and nieces play in the yard. The owner was happy to see it being taken care of and tried to pay us, we wouldn't take any money as long as he didn't mind the kids playing in the yard... anyway we were talking a while back and I was telling him about wanting to build a rat rod, he invited me out to his farm to look at a grille shell. We went out this morning and he showed me an old saw mill, that his great grandpa had put there years ago. The power plant was an old Maxwell that had been cut up and someone had taken the radiator but the grille shell was still there and in what I call perfect rat rod shape. [dr I asked if I could buy it and he said no... I could have it and he was thank full for us mowing his place and keeping an eye on things. Just looking around a little I think this is around a 1916 or 1917 Maxwell....

RModelA028.jpg

RModelA029.jpg

Don't know what it is but its sure a cool find! Pays to be nice to your neighbors....shame more people aren't like you!!!!

Nice find. It pays to be a good neighbor. That indeed will make a great rat grill.
If you are old enough you might remember "My Mother The Car" a tv show starring Jerry Van Dyke. His mother...the car was a Maxwell.

I try to treat people the way I want to be treated and it is nice to see that it is reconized sometimes;). It seems like the more I talk with people about wanting to do this build, the more stuff people talk about that is still out there in the weeds. Thanks for all the coments guys.

Latest posts

Back