30chevy! something

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one more

Attachments

• DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 44
on the up side now

just a little more work i got done!

Attachments

• DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC00098.JPG
    DSC00098.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00099.JPG
    DSC00099.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 54
it's coming along nicely , when is your target date ? Am I going to see it at the cruise-ins this summer ? I can't wait that truck is really cool .

Looks like your off to a good start! Keep up the good work!

it's coming along nicely , when is your target date ? Am I going to see it at the cruise-ins this summer ? I can't wait that truck is really cool .

I am a Chevy guy at heart and I really like where you are heading with this. You do great work and nice to see an old Chevy come back to life!

Wow nice job your doing there rev

thanks guys,, my target date is the last week of may,, i am still planning to go to the salt flats in august, but going to take the whole summer to do the street preaching thing traveling there need to be in junction texas by the end of the first week of june! but if not i want to leave no later than july! so the trucks got to be ready to go by at least then!

more done!!

well got the rearend mounted, and mocked up the disc brake!
the rearend is a 91 s10 3.08 ,, the brake go like this, useing the sytock hubs after removing the drums and wheel stud, from 66chevy, brake caliper for from 72 chevy, and brake bracket from speedway , and late model chevy truck 6 lug pattern , and a 6 lug to 5x4.75 spacer, Bam disc brakes
, rear brake,, 88 s1o 4x4 rotors and caliper! brake bracket from speedway. 4 wheel disc brake for around 350.00 , and other than brackets and spacers , all bought at the local advance auto parts store!:D[;)[cl

Attachments

• DSC00105.JPG
    DSC00105.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC00106.JPG
    DSC00106.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00104.JPG
    DSC00104.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00103.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 54
heres a few more pics of the truck and the work ive got done

Attachments

• DSCI1513.jpg
    DSCI1513.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCI1512.jpg
    DSCI1512.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCI1511.jpg
    DSCI1511.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCI1509.jpg
    DSCI1509.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCI1507.jpg
    DSCI1507.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 60
I'm likin' it! Keep on it. Do you have a route planned out yet?

Man - you have a big shop! :D
yeah pretty much but as always things are subject to change, kinda like the leaf in the wind, where ever thr spirit blows me, but lower bama , La < mid thru west Tx> Up thru NM, theN on to UT, Wy , Co, OK,TX ,AK, TN , AL, THATS BASIC PLANS stoping in about 10 cities!

wow that looks great were do you find these things
i get up early in the morning and beat the hedges!, sometimes i find lost souls, and sometimes rusty cars:D

lookin good rev
thanks corpo

Amazing!!!!!

[dr[clI TOOK THE OLD DASH OUT AND STARTED RUNNING CHECKS ON THE GAUGES TO SEE IF THEY WORKED JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT!!! AND THEY DO THE SWITCHES TOO! HEADLIGHT FEELS LIKE A BAND NEW ONE , I SUPPOSE, THE IGNITION WORKS EVERYTHING I WAS AMAZED SO I GOING TO RUN THEM, I GOT A BAND NEW 6 VOLT BATTERY I KEPT FROM MT OLD PONCHO WHEN I CONVERTED IT TO 12 VOLT AND STARTED CHECKING THE GAUGES! AND WOW! I AM EXCITED FOR SURE NOW!!!!![cl

Attachments

• DSC00363.JPG
    DSC00363.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00364.JPG
    DSC00364.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00365.JPG
    DSC00365.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00366.JPG
    DSC00366.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 20
That's starting to be a great looking little truck, Rev! I really like the proportions.

Good for you using the 4.3-they're a great little motor. Are you using EFI, or will you be going with a carb? Early Chevy Astro vans (mid eighties) and I believe Caprices around that age had them with a quadrajet, if you want to hunt up a factory intake.

Best of luck, I hope you can meet your schedule!:)

Regards,
Shea:)

That's starting to be a great looking little truck, Rev! I really like the proportions.

Good for you using the 4.3-they're a great little motor. Are you using EFI, or will you be going with a carb? Early Chevy Astro vans (mid eighties) and I believe Caprices around that age had them with a quadrajet, if you want to hunt up a factory intake.

Best of luck, I hope you can meet your schedule!:)

Regards,
Shea:)

yeah i what i am doing, i have a astro motor in my 66, which i will be pulling out when the time comes to put the drive train in, already has carb and hei dist! and factory headers! plus the bw super t-10 4speed! its coming along, ! still looking for headlights kingpin rebuild kit, wheels and tires! and glass, and homdre is going to build me a brake pedal and hydra clutch set up for under the floor!

WOW that truck is looking great since the last time i saw it. Nice biuld pics, sure do wish I took more of mine. Guess I'll have to build another.[;)

well heres some more, little paint took the dash apart and put it back together,,
ok i had to match the paint so heres what i did, first i left the bondo a little ruff, for a reason,
one i didnt want to sand it all because i hate sanding bondo,
2 i wanted it to look like it had some rust in the back of the cab ,
the holes left in the bondo would get a different color that the rest of the area,
ok after i primed it with the military issue redish brown primer,
which has a brown rust look to it once it drys down
i then took my oil base john deer green , mixed 60/40 with lacquer thinner, over that while it was still wet, then i spray hotrod black lacquer primer over
that mixed about 70/30 , let set for 20 minutes,
what happen was the primer begain to crack, and spider web as it dried,
then i mixed another green set up with 50/50 and begain to spray light coats over that! ok let dry for 20- 20 minutes, then took a towel wet with lacquer thinner and begain to whip off the green , holding perruse on it as i pulled backwards toward the center of the cab! ,
leaving back and green places as i go, ok once i got it where i want it to look like the front of the cab, i then took a small artist brush dipped in ;
lacqur thinner, and went to the places where i left the ruff bondo
and holes in the bondo and washhed the green and black out of those places down to the brown primer,, remember this is not red primer its brown ,
and different from automotive primer, giving the appearance of rusty hole!
i didnt like the smooth bondo look next to the old sheet metal with the rust and primer black and green!
there for why i left it ruff,,
ok now the green on the front had chalked up from the years
so it didnt look like the other green , which had a shine to a degree about it, so what i did to make it match was this, i took my lacquer rag soaked down again,
and dipped the rafg into the green just a bit, and began to rubb the old paint, which cleaned up the chalkinees and matched up th shine , but you could still see the black and the red primer and the old green , kinda a glazing thing, and this it what it looks like now!!!

Attachments

• Image0143.jpg
    Image0143.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Image0144.jpg
    Image0144.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Image0145.jpg
    Image0145.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Image0146.jpg
    Image0146.jpg