31 Chevy Coupe in Minnesota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2008_0201Johns0013.jpg

Stopped in Friday and took a few more pics. Here's the rear sheet metal finished. Battery under the lid. Blaack box is the fuel cell.

2008_0201Johns0022.jpg

Here's a look underneath. Everytime I stop in Terry's shop I want to go home and throw my project away.

Last edited:
Very clean work on that one Bob. I know how you feel. I look at some cars sometimes that just want to make me throw in the towel.

2008_0208Johns0043.jpg

Stopped in to check progress today. The floor is finished except for some welding. Looks pretty roomy inside. It will be a shame to cover the floor with anything.

Last edited:
2008_0208Johns0045.jpg

Since the customer doesn't want the top chopped, another way to reduce the "tall glass" look of the windshield is to add some metal at the cowl. The cardboard represents the piece of sheet metal that will be added.

2008_0208Johns0044.jpg

The dark material with the yellow stripes is original wood, 77 years old. The yellow material is a water thin epoxy called Qwik Poly. It is great for saving old wood. I used it on my International with very good results. It firms up wood you would think must be replaced. Google Qwik Poly to find the supplier in Arkansas. The guy is so cool he sends it with a bill and you pay him after you get the stuff.
That's all for now.

A real Master piece. Very good quality build with a lot of good craftmanship, but I have to say the recessed power booster is my stand alone favorite.

Chop, cut, rebuild
preston

2008_0222Johns0054.jpg

The sheet metal door panels have the bowtie pressed in with an English wheel. Power windows are used because there isn't a good place for window cranks with the roll bar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back