31 Chevy Coupe in Minnesota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2008_0816box0010.jpg

We made it to the Hot Rod drags today. John's Chevy had about 5 miles on it before arriving at the strip. It ran a best of 11.69 (if my memory is correct) at about 115mph. That's with a healthy 383 sbc & a 200r4 trans. John hadn't been down a dragstrip since he was 17 and I think he's 60 something now. Needless to say, he had a blast. This wraps up the build on this car, even though there's work to do to make it street ready.

On this build, Bob W. not only took these pictures, he also did all the math on the weight, HP, gear ratio, tire size, and suspension. Everything needed to run in the ll second ET's. 1160's is not bad for first time out, so he is not as crazy as he seems! Kodo's to you Bob W.! Terry and Lee and John too!

rustycar, Thanks for the "chop". During the build there were pro-chop & anti-chop people. John, the car owner had a bigger vote than anyone else, so it's not chopped. I like what you did. Too bad there's umpty-hump dollar's worth of paint on it, because John might have agreed to a chop if he saw the photochop.

2008_0912box0011.jpg

It's time to paint the steel wheels. John is looking for one of you computer experts to put a few shades of blue on these primered steelies. Any other color you might think is cool too.

I played with alot of colors and like the tan color the best, I'll post some other ones too.
This one was a lavender, 2nd choice.
Sorry about the overspray on the front hubcaps, I think thinner will take it off.
bobw1.jpg

I wish you could sit at my computer, I have looked at thousands of colors here. The lighter ones look better, the bright orange looked like the Broncos, Red was not right, Blues looked like you missed the match on the body color. Except for a pale blue which looked pretty good. Yellow looked great but it needs a yellow air cleaner or something.
bobw2.jpg

I like those last two, the yellow seems to brighten the whole car up and the otther one seems to darken it. Kinda weird how much effect that has on the entire look.

Sean

Thanks a lot Gas and Bone. These pics should give John a great idea of how wheel color will affect the overall look of the coupe.

Cool pictures so far, lots of good ideas. John is thinking the same color as the car Terry's thinking the color of rally wheels, kinda silver gray, is it possible to show this with your computer program? Thanks. Lee

Latest posts

Back