Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early 327's had a road draft tube that vented the engine down the back of the block by the distributer. The canister in the block is a baffle so liquid oil doesn't escape into the road draft tube, just oil vapors and crankcase pressure.
By the way, I run a home for orphaned 327 engines. Anyone that has one they don't want can ship it to me.

Early 327's had a road draft tube that vented the engine down the back of the block by the distributer. The canister in the block is a baffle so liquid oil doesn't escape into the road draft tube, just oil vapors and crankcase pressure.
By the way, I run a home for orphaned 327 engines. Anyone that has one they don't want can ship it to me.

bob do i need to keep this or can i get rid of it?

If you plug the hole in the block for the road draft tube you will need another method of getting rid of crankcase pressure. Either breathers on the valve covers or a PCV valve running into the carb, like on later SBC's.

Latest posts

Back