33 Plymouth Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some what of a update, I started on the window channels Saturday. I took 3/4 box, 1/16 thick and cut 1 side off to make the channels, the upper is curved so I could bend it. Clamped it on the upper part of the door and spotted all the cuts with my mig. Also for seals, window run, I use 80's ford truck. They will fit in about any of these old cars. You can pull them out of a truck or bronc at the junk yard with out having to remove anything. They never seem to go bad plus I bought 2 new ones off ebay for $27. They push right in the channel and lock, no gluing needed. I made a pattern for a window out of 1/8 lexan. Getting the window in is a pain in the a$$. The chop makes it pretty challenging.

Forgot about the door latches. I had Speedway's universal latches that bolt to the outside of the door. I hated them looks wise plus getting the outside handle hooked to them would be hard. I got some mini bear latches and cut the door and installed the one on the drivers side. I then made a small lever to slide over the square shaft of the outside door handle, ran a rod I welded 2 1/4 in bolts I welded on each end from the lever down to the latch. It actually works!! I used 33, 34 ford outside handles. One door, sat, sun and about 2 hours today, 0ne to go. I'll try and get some pics later on the second door.

Latest posts

Back