34 Chrysler

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wahoo172

Here is a few pictures of the Chrysler I am destroying... I mean building.
The pictures show progession from stock four door and restorable sedan to the one of one car I envision.
I am going to run it fenderless, channeled 4 inches, no chop, air bag over straight axle.
I will use the wheels that are on the front end in the first pic with hubcaps. Dana 60 with a triangulated 4 bar and bags, 727 (unless I find a deal on a stick trasmission)

I am going to use aluminum heads on the 426, but I will paint them and the valve covers that same as the rest of the engine (426 decals on em). I have a torker manifold for a RB and will use a demon carb. I have not decided for sure about headers, I am leaning toward fenderwell. I hope I can get enough radiator in the 34 grill shell to cool the beast.

attachment.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

I have fixed the rear window openings and top openings but dont have those pix handy. I am trying to build a bigger shop now, thats part of the reason The chassis isnt done yet.

You did a great job turning it into a 2 dr. Are you sure you don't want to chop it? What ever you do it's looking good so far.[cl

Wow, I can't believe how well it looks like it's going to fit together. You are right it doesn't need a chop (but maybe like 2" would look kinda cool!). Great to see another MoPar guy. That's gonna be so freakin' awesome!

Excellent craftsmanship. [cl Your metal work is awesome.

Please keep us posted on this build. [P

As good as this build looks now have you thought about maybe making a panel truck out of it? Either this thing is SWEET!!!![dr

I have the same identical car but mine is a Dodge, called a Dodge DRXX, What model is it in Chrysler? If you come accross a spare hood, I need one. The conversion to a 2 door looks real good, can't wait to see it completed.
Frankr
!934 Dodge 392 Hemi

Frank, the car is called a CA 6.The body tag is laid out as follows :

BODY NUMBER
CA 4 SED

I would love to see pix of your car, I dont know production numbers for Dodge sedans in 34, but Chrysler was very low for non Airflow bodies. All the more reason to cut it up right.

me too

PROJECT CHEAPSHOT is what l named this, tight budget type build on this rat.

here is a few pix of what my 1933 dodge looks like now and one photoshopped of how l want it to look.

mine will have a 1969 325hp 327 chevy, 700R4 and ethier a 12 bolt 3:36 posi out of a 1973 camaro or a 9'' ford rearend. the chevy running gear is the left over of parts and things from racing for 15 years. so l am using what i have a stock pile of///CHEVY STUFF!! hashahahahshahha

like to go bb dodge but can't afford one.

how many inches did you remove?

no fenders for my ride but, i would like to find a hood and l still need a grill of some kind.

do you have pic from the front, mine has a 11 inch windshield top to bottom with about a 9 inch vertical glass viewing area, there is about 1 inch of metal along the top and about 3/4 of a inch on the bottom.

later

Attachments

• close to what l want.jpg
    close to what l want.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 63
  • craigs list stuff 106.jpg
    craigs list stuff 106.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 37
  • craigs list stuff 105.jpg
    craigs list stuff 105.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 22
  • craigs list stuff 107.jpg
    craigs list stuff 107.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
its the little things....

I ordered some Gibbs oil last week , it came in the mail today.... WOWOW, this stuff is sooo cool. I sprayed some on the pivot points of my cowl vent, this car had been sitting outside in Canada for many years. I began treating the pivots of the cowl vent when I bought the car from my brother 3 years ago with PB Blaster. I have never been able to get the vent to move, I thought I did once, but it was just bending the steel. I gave the Gibbs oil about 30 minutes and OMG, it is freed up and works like new!!! Thats not the primary reason I bought the oil, read their website and see what all they claim it does... I cant back the rest of the claims up yet, but its an awesome penetrating oil.

http://getgibbs.com/tips.php

update

Today I got the doors off their hinges and did some welding on the passenger side behind the door. I am getting the body ready to take it to the
dipper. They are going to derust the body, I hope to run the exterior of the car in bare metal for a while anyway. I will use Gibbs oil to keep the rust off the exterior.
I also have been making a new cowl vent handle, the original was broken. I welded the OG one, but I think I will use the one I made... its stronger.

Latest posts

Back