36 ford pickup w/ cummins

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the grill and radiator will be in between the cross member and the motor. And ill be cutting back those front two pieces that are sticking way out.

thanks i hope it will. i wanted to go a little lower with the cab but its just not worth cutting the entire floor up when everything fits so good now. plus new england roads suck!

what do you think?

Ive been thinking about how I'm gonna build the bed. I'm not sure if its gonna look funny if i make the bed sides really tall and go flush with the bottom of the cab and go up a few inches taller than the tire, or don't go all the way down to the bottom of the cab. I wont have tons a room in it with the gas tank, shocks/mounts and a panhard bar so i want as much room as possible. The bed part wont go any lower than the top of the rear end where i can acutally put stuff in like chairs and coolers. Opinions?

with my build i planned on puttin the bed so the top of the sides are at the same hight as the bottom of the rear window.... perhaps you may want to grab a big piece of cardboard and make up one bed side and stick it on the side and sit down and look at it to see what is the most visually appealing to you. lots easier to do with paper first than tin
maby you could photochop until you find something that looks good

bed placement is tricky for sure.. i messed with mine for quite a while.. theres a few pages in my build where I had it mocked up in all sorts of different heights...

I originally wanted to have the top of my rails low and extend the bed sides all the way to the bottom of the cab.. but it looked funny

Then I tried raising the top of the bed up .. that looked better, but too heavy if I had the sides running to the bottom of the cab.. I ended up somewhere between..

I definitely recommend mocking it up in cardboard first and messing with it for a few days.. sometimes when you walk away and come back things look entirely different..

good luck

ya ive been messing with the cardboard a lot. I think my main problem is cause the rear tire is so tall that i have to kind of build the bed to it. If they werent so tall i could have almost a normal size bed but thats not the case. Ill keep at the drawing board, thanks guys.

those are tall tires. my 24.5 semi times are only about 39- 40''. I dont know but it might not look bad if the bed was shorter then the tires

those are tall tires. my 24.5 semi times are only about 39- 40''. I dont know but it might not look bad if the bed was shorter then the tires

thats what i was thinking too, the only thing is it leaves me very little room in the actual bed unless i just strap things down when i go somewhere so they don't fly out!

picked up these seats yesterday. there just what i wanted, dual arm rest and very comfortable. ill have just enough room in between them to fit the drive shaft tunnel in. also got all the steering done. im getting held up big time cause its been about 3 weeks waiting on a driveshaft. soon as that comes in i can cut the hole, make the tunnel and strip the frame back down to bare for a few more welds and undercoat it.
100_1430.jpg

100_1431.jpg

100_1434.jpg

maybe I missed something, but as the title says 36' ford what happened to the ford? all I see is Diamond T[S

i ended up finding this cab for a great price, so i sold the 36 cab and now using this. its in 10 times better shape and saved me time and money in the long run.

Hey I need an update Joe, it's been 12 days since we heard from you man, i'm gettin' anxious over here. We have to pick up the pace a little if this beast is going to haul assphalt this summer. [;)

- Joe -

Latest posts

Back