37 Pontiac "The Puzzle"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l'd put some gussets on the motor mounts. the kind the use on roll cages. l think that would help streghten the mounting points.

like the way its lookin'.

Later :cool:

Thats in the plan but I have to wait untill I get the streering in and see how that works out, I will probly have to run the shaft through that area.
Also the mounts are just roughed in for now. Next is the tranny mount and then the brake setup and steering. Then I need to take it all apart and get fancy with gussets and weilds.[;)[;)

skull.....

like the little air brush touch there.....quite artistic....looks a bit like it's growing some hair.....:eek: but agree about the gussets

Got back to it this weekend, got the trans mt done and the brake mt in.
Started rehang'n the body but got called away so I couldn't get it set all they way down.

Attachments

• body back on 002.jpg
    body back on 002.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 93
  • body back on 005.jpg
    body back on 005.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 100
  • body back on 010.jpg
    body back on 010.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 98
  • body back on 006.jpg
    body back on 006.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 120
OK!!
Got the body back on today and rolled it outside for some look see at just how ugly it is so far:rolleyes:
Set the hood and the grill on it to see how they fit and low and behold I have so much work ahead of me.
The plan with the grill is to cut the side at the curve and run the bars back along the hood, as I said before it will hopefuly be kinda like a 812 Cord nose.
I rolled it back in and started cutting the hood:eek: we will see what that comes out like:confused:
More parts of the Puzzle[;)

Attachments

• body on 012.jpg
    body on 012.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 107
  • body on 013.jpg
    body on 013.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 115
  • body on 014.jpg
    body on 014.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 88
  • body on 016.jpg
    body on 016.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 84
car

something about the wheel base doesn't look wright to short rear end should have been back more only my thoughts nice job a lot of work what u did

something about the wheel base doesn't look wright to short rear end should have been back more only my thoughts nice job a lot of work what u did

Ya, I know I have been going round and round about it with some of the guys around here (home) they all want me to leave it long but I am think"n I will shorten it about 5"s and that will balance it better.
I am also looking at some taller and a bit wider tires for the rear.

I did a little experiment yesterday and not real sure of the out come[S
I took a rear fender took 3"s out of it and the dog leg off tacked it on to see how it would look to fill the opening left behind the rear wheels.
I will take the old dog leg and reverse it to fill the inner well.
The radius hasn't been cut yet or the inner put in, I'm just not sure if I like it.
I know I don't like the look of the opening, what does anyone think?

Attachments

• rear quater & 52 004.jpg
    rear quater & 52 004.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 85
  • rear quater & 52 006.jpg
    rear quater & 52 006.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 104
  • rear quater & 52 003.jpg
    rear quater & 52 003.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 103
  • rear quater & 52 002.jpg
    rear quater & 52 002.jpg