37 Pontiac "The Puzzle"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been away for awhile, I was able to get back to my shop today.
Got the front body mts done and some frameing on the fire wall so now it is good and solid.
But the big part was I shortened it 14"s on the front end. Alot of guys said they liked the long front but it just never set right with me so I wacked it off and started redoing it today and hope to have it finished Sunday.
Again 2 stepps back.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• front shotered 005.jpg
    front shotered 005.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 111
  • front shotered 006.jpg
    front shotered 006.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 102
  • front shotered 004.jpg
    front shotered 004.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 111
  • front shotered 001.jpg
    front shotered 001.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 165
That's crazy cool. In some ways the shape reminds me of the Schneck Streamliner

Attachments

• schenckstreamliner_00_resized.jpg
    schenckstreamliner_00_resized.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 16
  • RPC_001_Ralph-Schenck-1940.jpg
    RPC_001_Ralph-Schenck-1940.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 16
OK, I am going to try to work on it this week end.
I am kinda stuck on what to do, I just don't like the balance of the over all look and can't put my finger on exactly what it is thats wrong. There has been some pics and talk on another thread and I don't want to F' up that thread so I will post a couple pics here that Dr Crank came up with, thanks Doc. Sam has photo shopped it with a shorter trunk and I like that alot but I am just not sure its worth what it would take to do it.
I love the one with the giant truck wheels and tires but thats not me.
The last one is Sams shortened trunk shot, I like that.

Attachments

• march2nd 012 002.jpg
    march2nd 012 002.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 113
  • rat37dodge[1].jpg
    rat37dodge[1].jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 65
  • ratsedan[1].jpg
    ratsedan[1].jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 68
  • body%20on%20013a[1].jpg
    body%20on%20013a[1].jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I have shortened the wheel base and brought the front end back about 16/17 inches, so you guys that wanted that got your wish and you were correct, it needed it. I do have a set M&H tires come'n friday that are 5"s taller and 6 wider for the rear so we will see what that does. Sam I just can't section it, there is just no head room now but I'm think'n about your trunk job.
I don't know:confused: what do you guys think, I hate give'n up on a build I need some motivation:rolleyes:

Attachments

• front shotered 004.jpg
    front shotered 004.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 37
  • march2nd 012 005.jpg
    march2nd 012 005.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 57
  • march2nd 012 006.jpg
    march2nd 012 006.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 39
The shorter front end looks good. I think everything is coming along nicely. Not sure on shorting the trunk up but to balance things out, my .02 if you have or can come up with the rear fenders and mod them to be wide enough just get out side the tire. Of coarse I'm a fan of fat fenders.

Last edited:
The part that throws me off is the trunk area being so high off the ground with the rockers being low to the ground. Maybe you could add a few inches to the bottom of the rear fender behind the tire and a valance panel under the trunk.

I like the way the trunk is i wouldn't chage it but i would run the rear wheels further out and fill and blend the rear wheel wells , no fenders and maybe a little more channel other than that it looks great brother.

Keep at it

Mike

Here is the latest photo shop, with the fenders on.(rear) Thanks for the input guys, keep it come'n.
I can't channel it any further or section it. I am think'n that the real problem is the doors they are to short and upset the balance a bit. But I will have to live with 'em.

Attachments

• puzzle1[1].jpg
    puzzle1[1].jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 103
Here is the latest photo shop, with the fenders on.(rear) Thanks for the input guys, keep it come'n.
I can't channel it any further or section it. I am think'n that the real problem is the doors they are to short and upset the balance a bit. But I will have to live with 'em.

I think you got it there [cl I think the doors are fine and is one of the things that makes it.

I just picked up a new toy that might take my mind off the Puzzle for a few weeks and that might be just what I need.
When I get it home I will start a new thread, long roof more door and lower than an ants balls!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!qUE88fkJvPiBPYVJKp9ew~~60_14[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!qUE88fkJvPiBPYVJKp9ew~~60_14[1].jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 155
  • $(KGrHqJ,!jYE9IsNdP2PBPZh5vHeJw~~60_14[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!jYE9IsNdP2PBPZh5vHeJw~~60_14[1].jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 158

Latest posts

Back