37 Willys sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HALLnRODZ

OK guys n gals,here is another of my projects. I still have this one. First pics show it in the condition it was in when purchased from a restorer. Next lot are some of the work done. Holden independant front end and complete Chrysler rear end. Mocked up with the 40 front fitted. Then I decided that I wanted something a little different, so I tudored it. This is where it currently sits. Things stopped a while back, I need to get back into it. Drive line will be Chrysler 6, Toyota 5 speed and current diff. I also have 39 FSM which I will spray to suit, then I can swap up and back so that it takes on a different apperance at events.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 35
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 30
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 31
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 29
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 30
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 34
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 32
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 29
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Offroadrolls, I want to go low tech and put a 225 slant in there. Out here we have a 173CI 6 built by GM. By using the pistons out of one of these motors, the slant can be bored 100thou for a little more go!

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:
Neverdone, that's the exact reason I'm NOT putting one in. I've been told so often that I HAVE to do this or fit that. I started out with a baby Holden V8 for it, 253CI, but have now decided to be an individual and put the six in. My 40 pick up is getting a six & manual too. So I'm sure I'll be shunned by the " Real Rodders"!

Cheers
Andrew

Hotrodd'n-ratrodd'n takes all forms of different combos. I like the thought of the 6. It's your ride make it the way ya want it. Like the tudoor idea and the front clip treatment. Look'n forward to more pics.
G'day.

Offroadrolls, I want to go low tech and put a 225 slant in there. Out here we have a 173CI 6 built by GM. By using the pistons out of one of these motors, the slant can be bored 100thou for a little more go!

Cheers
Andrew
I wondered about the ole' slant six....great engine, one of the best Chrysler ever made IMO. But you'd never see them in a Chrysler here, only Dodge and Plymouth, or at least I can't think of one. I think Dodge used a flat head straight six up into the early 60's in their trucks but I don't know the displacement.

In around 61 Chrysler didn't sell as a stand alone brand. Our main Chrysler product was the Valiant, it was a Chrysler Valiant or Valiant by Chrysler. The Dodge name was mainly used on commercial vehicles from this time on. You could buy a Valiant ute with all the chrome and trim from the sedan, or a Dodge ute that had little chrome and many less features. All shared a common body and drive line. We only recieved the 225 cube slant after 62. A small amount of 180's came in in 61/62. Chrysler did produce a luxury cruiser called Chrysler by Chrysler, they were full to the brim of options, aimed squarely at the LTD from Ford and Statesman from Holden.

I wondered about the ole' slant six....great engine, one of the best Chrysler ever made IMO. But you'd never see them in a Chrysler here, only Dodge and Plymouth, or at least I can't think of one. I think Dodge used a flat head straight six up into the early 60's in their trucks but I don't know the displacement.

They were used in a limited number of Chryslers as a low line cheap alternative......I've seen them in Cordobas for sure

Latest posts

Back