3x2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were some 3 deuce setups produced by people like Offenhauser, and others in the 60's and 70's. Ford also sold their own 3 carb setup. All of those are very hard to find now and I haven't seen one in years. I would guess they do turn up on Ebay occasionally, but I bet the price is high.

More recently, I think Barry Grant made a tripower setup for the sbf, but not sure about that. The problem with most of the manifolds out there is that the carbs are very crammed together due to the short area available between the back of the motor and the distributor, and most use Holley carbs with the air cleaner horn cut off flat to clear the next carb in line.

I'm a Ford guy, but have to say the ones made for sbf are not nearly as attractive as the ones for sbc engines, they just look squashed together or something. I saw a 3 carb setup for sale in a local speed shop one time about 20 years ago and passed on it for my own sbf in my 27 because it was built from modified Holleys and I just didn't like the way it looked. So I went with the current 2 x 4 setup I have been running on it for years.

But if your heart is set on having one, keep checking Ebay and also at very large swap meets some guys show up with very oddball intakes and they might have one of the early aftermarket ones. But be prepared to pay good money when you do find one. Good luck.

Don

Here, I looked on Ebay for you and found this one. It will go through the roof when it closes, I bet. I'm predicting $ 3000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE...tZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm not real set on one just did not know they were so hard to find.I picked up an 85 5.0 yesterday and thought it would look cool on it I will find some route to take ...thanks don,,chip

Barry Grant is coming out with a new manifold for sbf w/ an interchangable top. It will allow you to put a single 4, two 4's, three 2's or four 2's. It uses his new Demon 98's or Stromburgs if you prefer. It's probably on the Barry Grant website. I'm sure it's not cheap, but it is state of the art. You'll have all the power of a modern, well sorted, single four barrel.

there was a guy in minasota selling them a few years ago, I have a pic of it hanging on my wall in the garage. He wanted $2500 for the set up. I was talking ta a ford guru and he told me they were pinto carbs. He gave me Racer Walsh book to look up parts.

Look on Stovebolt Engine Company web site--they usta sell remanned Holly webber progrerssive 2bbls from Pintos for $75 each. I've used them on 2-2bbl setups on I6s and they were great--always thought they would work on a 3-2 setup.

Also for a JY Po-Boy rat intake on a 5.0, you can get the lower 1/2 of the intake on a port injected 5.0 from the JY and fab up a 2x4" sq tube carb plate and make your own 3-2 setup for a couple-3 100$.. done that sortta too..

PA41

Chipper I've been watching ebay myself for something different, haven't seen a 3x2 set up on there!!! I'm thinking of going with a tunnel ram or something, but there pretty high too!! There are lots of two four intakes on there though.

Latest posts

Back