4.3?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobumphfrey

Im thinking of running a 4.3 with a 5 speed in my rat.
I was wondering if any of you have used a 4.3 and what you thought about it. My goal is to able to afford to drive it to work everyday about a 70 mile round trip.

Im thinking of running a 4.3 with a 5 speed in my rat.
I was wondering if any of you have used a 4.3 and what you thought about it. My goal is to able to afford to drive it to work everyday about a 70 mile round trip.

I personnal don't like the exhaust note that 4.3's have. The S-10 donor that I bought for my 48 had a 4.3 in it. I couldn't bring myself to use it.

The only way I would have one is if it was so muffled down that I couldn't hear it.

i got one i love it 30 over flat top pistons does well in my 29 ,, the sound is not what most like but mines quiet i ran a stock muffler i am happy,, its my dailey driver so i didnt want it loud!,, i use a 4 speed with 308 gears barks the wheels 123! to each his own,,

Yea, the exhaust note takes a little getting used to. Hey, they work great! I built a little car last year for a fella, made a shortram intake for it, mounted 2x2's on it, has cam and headers....the thing is ccool! I learned to like the exhaust tone....with the wild cam, has a bit of wildness to it! He brought it back about 4 months ago and we put CherryBombs on it....really made a difference!Gets good milage to boot, for a hotrod!!!![P[ddd

Thinking of making it real quiet and putting in a noisy gear timing chain. Im still looking for a donor but cant find anything at this time.

Getting em cheap goes a long way toward liking these little monsters....yea, don't tell me they're a std v-8 with the last 2 cylinders left off.... I'll get the ole chopsaw out and wack off the end of my favorite drag cam....weld a butt on the end and set up the end clearance....that'd go a long way toward you liking it! Ha!

They're worth it....good motors....get good milage while running their butts off![P[;):cool:

Latest posts

Back