41 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I've had my eye on it for years, blongs to a friend. Today at their yard sale I ask his wife how much for the caddy and she said $2500. I know cash would talk. It is a big long 4 door, all there and ran when they parked it in 99 (the last year it was licensed). The car is pretty solid and straight but got some pretty bad hail damage. Paint is the remains of the original, black. I suppose the interior was redone at some point but is getting pretty sad/stinky and the headliner is hanging down. It would be a fun ratrod, just leave it like it is. Anybody have ideas to what it's worth? I'll get out and get some pictures next week.

Last edited:
Yep, about $2500 back before the economy went down but now and given that it is so far from a major metro area i don't see anyone giving them even $1000 for it. Be killer tho. Redo the interior to Caddy standard and leave the body "natural" :)

If it's all there it's a deal for 2500. I paid 1,500 for my '40 LaSalle with a running 322 flathead 3speed.She's "all there" but rough. I'm thinking the "natural" exterior & comfy interior. Just got 4 new 5" WWW bias plys for her. As soon as I get the front suspension done we're gonna get her on those new "hoops" and finally drive her around the block![cl YEEEEHAA!:D

Attachments

• Lucille.jpg
    Lucille.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 40 LaSalle.jpg
    40 LaSalle.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 16
  • sumthin lose.jpg
    sumthin lose.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Peg & Lucy.jpg
    Peg & Lucy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 15
I plan to do exactly that with my 46..........leave the outside just as it is with the original paint, rust, and patina, but a nice engine room and interior. Plus, upgrade the suspension, brakes, add a/c, etc.

I would think that Caddy would make a great driver. Just clean it up, do some stuff to it to make it run well, and drive it around. How much it is worth depends on where you are. I see cars going dirt cheap in some States, but here in Florida we don't have the selection or quantity some do, so we tend to have to pay more.

Don

Latest posts

Back