454/th400

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.. Just wondering how hard it would be to drop it into my 49 Fleetline? 86 the enclosed driveline for sure but how would the engine fit in the car? That could be a very inexpensive ratrod.
100_0428.jpg

WB,
Wow... I have an old Chev like that one that I'm fixin' to turn into a gasser. After building my panel gasser... I think I've gotten da bug!!! Here's mine & an article from one of the mags sorta like what I had in mind... but rusted on bottom & silver metal flake top... maybe a BB is in order!!!:D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• chev111.jpg
    chev111.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 11
  • chev112.jpg
    chev112.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 9
  • rend.jpg
    rend.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 12
I was kinda thinking maybe a straight axle, or more specifically a dropped one from a early Chevy van or econoline. I have my eye on one. this could get fun. A rat gasser Fleetline...with a bigblock.

i got an Elcamino you could drop it in ;)

Hey Matt, it's for sale. I think and dream a lot but realistically I need to stay the course with my roadster pickup and not get side tracked. I put it on CL for $500 and have several guys interested. If it's something you want, better jump, real soon. You can pull the engine here if you want.

Hey Matt, it's for sale. I think and dream a lot but realistically I need to stay the course with my roadster pickup and not get side tracked. I put it on CL for $500 and have several guys interested. If it's something you want, better jump, real soon. You can pull the engine here if you want.

Around where I live, that would be a really good deal. I see them advertised for twice that much.

Heck yeah. I'll even knock it down to 407.69 for you. The 7.69 is for the points I had to put in it to make noise. But you have to tell me right soon, I have other guys on the line. Details, we can work out later.

Latest posts

Back