46 Ford On a S-10 frame Sorry for the I>F>S

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46 ford truck

Hey guys just was gonna show a generic rat rod here ......to say the least.....Options and pictures not in order but heres the specs.....
1. 46 Ford 1/2 Ton truck decent shape rust wise not a whole bunch
2. 1988 s-10 w 4 banger ironhead motor, T-5 (for later on) only 89,000 miles
3. Using the s-10 motro ,tranny,computer,lt switches,steering column,suspension and frame of course, and all firewall and half the original floor...

4. Running no fender cause they were shot and keeping as much of the 46 sheet metal as possible..
5. Made custom grill outta 46 hood w a few custom sized grill slats.....
6. Cut down original bed to 40 inches in between wheels
7. Kept gas tank and exhaust in same location from 88 s-10
8. Removed whole dash from 46 and gonna make a custom sized one outta stainless sheet . Will look bomber style w a bunch of rivots in it
9. Removed all glass ( two pieces actually) Using 1/4 Lexan ..Supposedly unbreakable
10 removed door skins and latches, making my own outta stainless and a few more rivots to match the dash....
11. Made a set of Bomber seats and made a custom bucket for them to fit on the channeled flooring. No pics Im redoing them in zodiak green flake right now.....
12. Kept all wiring under dash for (a,c and all lights...From s-10....
13. Mounted some KC lts to hide frame a little bit. (tonite.)
14. Using the T-5 tranny as its not hurt and I have another motor in the works Im just trying to get done by sept 11 memorial trucks and panels show.... SO gotta get moving.
15. Made some suicide door hinges so to be a little different. I will post pics of those later on....
16. chopped roof 4 inches and sectioned the width by 5 inches cus Im big boy. Will be putting a custom leather snap on top as to hid some of the imperfections of the shop.........( i do custom ulphostery, never said I could build a car, haha) jk
17. Prices so far
46 ford - $400
1988 s-10 - free shop truck that had broken down someone told me to retrieve and I could have it....(radiator hose fell off)
Grill shell- Free custom built by me
bed- free I just used the original and made it smaller...(gonna be a cedar planked floor later on )

originals wheels off s-10 w great tread too, gonna change to some 15 steelies and paint blue when I get truck outta the garage and rolling ( free)

Radiator 125$ includes hose...
Seats (ulphostery was 45$) labor priceless. haha
engine original w 89,000 miles - free
square tubing $200.

Hey guys Im really sorry for the fenderless truck with the i f s but I didnt have a lot of time nor room. I have a studebaker in the wings and my bike projects always take some space.. So really I wasnt spending a lot just trying to make it reliable and cool, different looking.. I have been working on it for two months exactly today so I figured Id show phots. Again I apologize if their not in order.......If interested I can send more photos next week after I have everything welded up and hopefully radiator and tailights hooked up. enjoy the cheap build......

The pic of the red little ford is my compelling story looks cool to me and I got my lengths off his build..........Thanks guy w red truck

Attachments

• cab and bed in garage unchopped.jpg
    cab and bed in garage unchopped.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 74
  • chopped 3 inches and sectioned five.jpg
    chopped 3 inches and sectioned five.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 46 lowered bed.jpg
    46 lowered bed.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 46 cab on frame gas tank and exhaust same spot.jpg
    46 cab on frame gas tank and exhaust same spot.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 66
  • angle view of head lights.jpg
    angle view of head lights.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 82
  • donor s-10 cab and frame.jpg
    donor s-10 cab and frame.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 2822718400032556363S600x600Q85.jpg
    2822718400032556363S600x600Q85.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 156
  • ford day two w doors removed and front clip[.jpg
    ford day two w doors removed and front clip[.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 76
  • ford mounted in place of s-10 cab gas tank same position.jpg
    ford mounted in place of s-10 cab gas tank same position.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 55
  • ford day one.jpg
    ford day one.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 79
Heres a few more posts

Some from this weeks progress I think....I have two months in it and a few hundred dollars so please dont kill me too much , But please do comment Im still a learning and plan on doina studebaker with a little more intentsity..I was just playing aroung with some rustoleum paint and made my first door sign ......But its just a practice piece Im gonna blast it off but thought it was cool for the first go round

Attachments

• grill slats.jpg
    grill slats.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 33
  • door art.jpg
    door art.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 46
  • unchopped 46 cab.jpg
    unchopped 46 cab.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 38
  • head lt and open frame horn.jpg
    head lt and open frame horn.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 46
  • head lights frt grill.jpg
    head lights frt grill.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 50
  • grill w out head lts or radiator.jpg
    grill w out head lts or radiator.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 46
i dont ever have a problem with IFS rods -- however
i usually dont like when the cabs mounted so far forward
bc of the s-10 engine location and fenderless - BUT - your little red truck
pulls it off very well - looks pretty neat - i like it alot

build what you want and can, the only person that has to like it is you.

other than the pics are small it looks cool.

Nothing wrong with IFS IMO, Have fun with it!!

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 54
finally a few updates.

It runs and drives like a new truck. But it looks older than dirt. But thats the whole point right. Im waiting on the wheels , dorr artwork, and a few other miscellaneous things and Im off to the races. Well maybe not to the races w the 4 cylinder but , I will go to a few shin digs . Cost effective, Gas saver, Comfortable, Safe and a rat rod for less than 2 grand. I know im a cheap skate. But I only had so much room to work and so much money hidden in the back compartment of my wallet. lol. Take care . I will be back shortly w some rims and door art..

Attachments

• my 46 running and driving now 166.jpg
    my 46 running and driving now 166.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 59
  • my 46 running and driving now 167.jpg
    my 46 running and driving now 167.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 64
thanks for the props.

Yeh Im gonna knock those out later this week if I get a chance. everyone have a good thanksgiving . Keep rodding

heres a pic with the rims and tires

Just a final pic after the wheels are on both sides of the truck. Hope yall like

Attachments

• truck w white walls.jpg
    truck w white walls.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 40
Looks like you have a fun ride thats what it is all about fun We all build things different thats what is cool about rat rods.

Latest posts

Back