46 Ford rusty cab, my first build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry dude, its not that we don't like bodywork/paint.....we just haveshort attention spans and there are a lot of builds going right now......i haven't even had a chance to comment on all of them yet.......

no shame for shine, keep up the good work.....[P[P

Man I love your old truck. I can't wait to get stationed back in the good ole US of A and start on one. Hope the wife is doing well, and I know I can't wait to see more pictures/updates.

Thanks Bigfisher for your kind words and thinking of the wife, She is well again and mean as ever.....LOL:D .........just kidding. She's a good woman..ppppsssssssssssssss..........she told me to say that :p

Where you stationed? And let me says thanks for your service.[cl
God bless you my friend.

Larry

46 Ford Roadster Update

Its been some time since I did an update on my build so here go's.

The frame is down to barebones and I have been sanding away trying to get it ready for some primer. So far one side of one rail is in primer. Slow but sure.

The cab needs one more block sanding/priming and it will be ready for paint. I got the door handles molded in. I think the doors came out nicely.

Still have some work to do on the grille shell but thats an easy job and wont take but a few hours to finish.

Here's a few photos to bring you up to speed as to where I am now. Enjoy.

Larry

Attachments

• DSCF1139.jpg
    DSCF1139.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF1146.jpg
    DSCF1146.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF1147.jpg
    DSCF1147.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF1148.jpg
    DSCF1148.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF1144.jpg
    DSCF1144.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 42
Got the frame painted this weekend. A before and some after shots.

Now some assembly required.

Larry

Attachments

• DSCF1139.jpg
    DSCF1139.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF1168.jpg
    DSCF1168.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1169.jpg
    DSCF1169.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1170.jpg
    DSCF1170.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 49
Excellent looking frame. You're going to have one fine hot rod. When do you think it will be on the road?

Thanks Bob, means alot coming from you.

Still have to get the wiring harness, speedometer, brakelines runs, front brake parts and fuel line ran.

I think....[S oh yeah and paint the body......duh, almost forgot that[cl

Larry

diggin your build im pickin up some ideas of my own. im just starting a 42thanks for all the pics ( any vietnam vet is a hero of mine)

Thanks Whitjig for the kind words. What have you gotten done on your build so far, is there a thread on here for it? Would like very much to look at it if so.

Larry

Dating my build thread

I finally got the frame painted and back on it wheels once more for the last time I hope.........lol[cl

Here's a few pic's of it after assembly. Enjoy:D

Attachments

• DSCF1183.jpg
    DSCF1183.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1185.jpg
    DSCF1185.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF1181.jpg
    DSCF1181.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1187.jpg
    DSCF1187.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 64
Nah, just stuck them there when I had the rebuilt motor runniung for the first time. All the gauges will be in the dash when that part is done.

Looking good RC! I really like the look of the inline engines. If I had not had a V8 in the "pile", I would be putting one in mine. If you do not mine me asking what did you paint the frame with?

kzoldman, thanks for the kind words. The frame, it's acrylic enamel, satin black.

Yeah I too like the looks of the inline six. Its all stock, 140HP from the factory in 1964. Everyone has V8's so I wanted something a little different and being this car will go to my grdkids one day they dont need something with tons of HP...........:D

Thanks Gregster.

I got the body in color this weekend. [cl

OD green. Its still wet in the pictures but will flatten out when dry.

Larry

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF1195.jpg
    DSCF1195.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1192.jpg
    DSCF1192.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts