46ish ford f3

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chop looks great Cantwell! Almost wish I had cut another inch or two. [dr As you know I chopped mine the same way. Everything just fell into place as well, just a little more welding. The only problem I had was I had to adjust the front of the door window frames a little so the glass will be able to ride to the top without binding. I did this by putting a relief cut in the back side bottom of the front post and taking a wrench and putting a slight twist to line it up and then re-welding. As far as my windshield, my opening is perfect on both sides and flat top to bottom and side to side. Again, looks good keep the pics coming. [cl

i dont have any side windows ... lol
or a back window -- dont think i will get any either but we will see ---
if i do im gonna go with lexan or something similiar.

Here are the pictures of the hole in the roof

Attachments

• 1948 F1-4.JPG
    1948 F1-4.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 1948 F1-5.JPG
    1948 F1-5.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 1948 F1-6.JPG
    1948 F1-6.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 26
chopped up donor 87 v6 4x4 " jimmy s-15 blazer" (if anyone needs some body or interior parts for one lemme know! )
0_0-66.jpg

mocked up front end to get an idea of where ill be on the frame as far as the front end and cab goes
0_0-74.jpg

sitting about 10 in off the ground right now -- hoping i can run it at about 7 in but ill have to wait and see.
do have to say though it
felt real good to see that :)
cutting that much forced me to shave my beard -- i was a fire hazard. :)

running

Lookin' awesome! Good work!
well -- against all i thought possible i made some radiator supports and
i got it wired and running in a day...
super proud of myself -- neutral/clutch safety switch threw me for a loop
for a while but she started up after i realized the problem
-- tomorrow and wed. ill go ahead and get it
set up with pedals -- and the steering in hopefully-- then a new floor -- or other way around i dont know yet -- at any rate -- my deadline i had set for having it driveable
by july 12 (my 26 th bday) doesnt seem so improbable.

-- also found a guy with a (sleeping_) bed frame to use for the bed of my truck
its either goin to be a wooden flatbed with removable stake bed sides
or diamond plate with stake sides. we will see
:)

I havent checked in here in a while, you have made some great progress..

Keep at it, July 12th is close.. id love to have mine up and running by my 26th.. dont think I will make it... its in September.. i have tons to do still

yeah - im going to need to switch the radiator -the one on its just not going to work i dont think - actually wont need to be ready till august 1st now - but thats still just right around the corner -- keep getting "tropical activity" making it rain like crazy and that slows me down a lot - but got the brake and clutch pedals and steering in and hooked up the other day - probably going to end up using the old steering column just painted hammered black can - should look just fine - will need to change steering wheels eventually but that can wait - think i got a hold of a lot of cedar planks for the bed which i need to finish - kinda looking for a little winch lift setup for the back - not necessarily a tow truck but would be cool to have something that could lift any heavy parts or engine on the back if needed :cool: also got some neat "running boards" that used to be steps at an oil rig or maybe a dock.
seats arent connected yet and have to do some minor stuff like brakets for the front end --
august 1st is definately reasonable as far as bein able to drive - probably not FINISHED but finished enough

Latest posts

Back