46ish ford f3

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my doubts. That jailbar grill just never did it for me. That said, Id drive that all over the place. Looking very good.

means a lot comin from guys like you all to someone like me -- still wet behind the ears on rat rod building but dont see it ending anytime soon -- hopefully it just gets better.

cant WAIT till i get the bed on -- thinking about running stacks? whats the general opinion>?

headliner?

fordratroof.jpg

roof from the inside :)

progress

well obviously i got some interior done ie the roof
got the drivers seat in -
and a lot of work on the bed of it..
sorry the pictures dirty -- and about the mess:confused:
bedt.jpg

also started on the lighting -- found out that super old spotlight WORKS - just needs a new bulb - exciting - ordered a bulb for it

the wood bed looks good, are you putting sides and/or fenders on it?

Later:cool:

yea that same diamond plate that i made the back with is going to go all
the way back to the cab -- see about cutting a "wheel well" things in it after its done
ill probably run the same wheels that are on the truck - but go ahead keep 2 of the tires on it up in the front and run some bigger m/t or a/t lookin tires in the back .. give it that old school farm truck feel - plus it is going to have removable stake bed sides (like a wagon) = could have gotten a lot more done but the weathers been less than cooperative - it pours then it is sunny for about an hour then pours again for 45 min then is sunny .. so not only do i have to pause for the rain depending on what im doing - but its also 110 degrees and VERY sauna like during the sunny time - stuff like the bed though i just work in the rain.ha

yea that same diamond plate that i made the back with is going to go all
the way back to the cab -- see about cutting a "wheel well" things in it after its done
ill probably run the same wheels that are on the truck - but go ahead keep 2 of the tires on it up in the front and run some bigger m/t or a/t lookin tires in the back .. give it that old school farm truck feel - plus it is going to have removable stake bed sides (like a wagon) = could have gotten a lot more done but the weathers been less than cooperative - it pours then it is sunny for about an hour then pours again for 45 min then is sunny .. so not only do i have to pause for the rain depending on what im doing - but its also 110 degrees and VERY sauna like during the sunny time - stuff like the bed though i just work in the rain.ha

If you're planning on running different tires on the rear, DON'T run taller ones! You'll mess up the transfer case bigtime! Maybe just go wider...but same overall height.

This little thing is turning out pretty incredible in a really short time! Thanks for sharing your progress with us![P:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

i wasnt going to go much bigger - right now i think the overall height of the tires is like 28 - i was thinking 30 max -
and thanks -- it has come along pretty quick and yet im still not going to make my first deadline -- and only have until monday for the extension i gave myself -- no worries though - been getting a bunch of the body stuff done on both cars today - mostly bs body stuff though like sanding ugggh but i guess its gotta be done -
just need to finish the little ledge the windshield sits against and plop in a windshield and
theres one brake line coming right off the cylinder i broke in frustration when repositioning the brake booster i need to replace - pump some air in that front tire and it could be driven though so im pretty happy -- needs a lot more done for me to be finished - but i made my deadline of it being driveable -probably give it a go around next week (wont be able to get it all done until this weekend ) - oh and i cant forget to replace the lug on the back -- so ill type it here for me to remember.

hey ur rockin dude

Hey man ur doing a bang up job.. I will keep up w this one cus mine is similar being a 46 ford. and we are both in texas. I have family in Rockdale , so we might run into one another some day after we get our trucks done. I have mine as a deadline of August 13th but September 11th is a good show Im planning to make also...,....So we will see

ok - got the horn hooked up, the back lights hooked up, the blinkers in and ready to be hooked up , the headlights hooked up, the dash lights hooked up...
and 90% of the exhaust hooked up...with my smokestack :) didnt realize autozone and EVERYWHERE ELSE that has flex tubing closes at 7pm on sundays [S
ill put up pictures as soon as i get some light.

post script.- almost done with the front bumper for my jeep... went with 1/4 in channel iron :)

I bet you cant wait to take it for a spin. I wish I could make up my mind about chopping mine. Yours looks good!

well it Flooded here all weekend - but - i did my best to make up for lost time today -- sooo -
got the sides put on the bed with the wheel wells or whatever,
got all my stakes cut, cut and welded on the supports, made the
stakes AND my bed is COMPLETE - no pictures because i finished in
the dark and i dont know how to use my new phone yet.
ill get some up tomorrow.

got the front bumper done -
heres the list of stuff i still need.
- front driver side fender tacked and welded
-brake light switch and brake wires run
-blinker switch and wires run
- one new radiator hose
- windshield
- windshield wiper
- seatbelts
- new tires
- battery