'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have to sell it to finance the next project if I ever find it.

My bride will even go with me in this truck.[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek:Whhhhaaaat? sell it? I hate it when that has to happen....
really nice work there Pops!!!!!!

:eek::eek:Whhhhaaaat? sell it? I hate it when that has to happen....
really nice work there Pops!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks.
I was referring to selling my '48 Rat rod dually. It doesn't have to happen but if you don't use it I get tired of paying the insurance and walking around it in the garage.

The '47 ain't going no where.

Attachments

• IMG_0592 (2).jpg
    IMG_0592 (2).jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0603 (2).jpg
    IMG_0603 (2).jpg
    141 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1171 (1000x667).jpg
    IMG_1171 (1000x667).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 55
Don't know why a stock old dodge has a keyed lock assembly on the ride side door only? Makes no sense to me.

As a kid growing up, we always got out of the station wagon on the curb side. Dad would then slide across the front bench seat and get out on that side too, locking the door behind him. It was safer than opening your street-side door into traffic or walking out into the city streets to get into the car. If I recall correctly, I remember thinking you would get ticketed at the time for such risky behavior. (I know I would have received a good crack ;) )

For the longest time most manufacturers only put locks on the curb (i.e. passenger) side because the other simply wasn't necessary. As usual, as consumer demand changed, so did the product.

[Edit: ' just read Torchie's response after posting. OK, now we all know I'm a few pages behind on this one :D

[Edit: ' just read Torchie's response after posting. OK, now we all know I'm a few pages behind on this one :D[/QUOTE]

That's one thing I like about this group, They all wait for "US SLOW KIDS" to catch up, without too much judgment or harassing.

I guess I never gave it much thought concerning the passenger side only lock. A lot of that all makes sense when you think about it.

new years progress

All the holidays company finally left so I recruited my bride and we tackled the head liner. I pieced it together with form board to get the shape then we got the patterns cut out of gift wrap paper and got the headliner material cut out. She carried her sewing machine out to the shop and went to stichin. She makes it look easy.

Just need to get some trim to hide the screws and then cover the a-pillars. I've got about $65 in it. I think it turned out pretty good for a wore out old codger and a high school principal.

Attachments

• IMG_4665 (2).jpg
    IMG_4665 (2).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4668 (2).jpg
    IMG_4668 (2).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4669 (2).jpg
    IMG_4669 (2).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4671 (2).jpg
    IMG_4671 (2).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4672 (2).jpg
    IMG_4672 (2).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4673 (2).jpg
    IMG_4673 (2).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 45
Thanks guys. I can honestly say we both enjoyed the day in the shop. And we actually got something done.

School starts back up Monday and she'll be back in the every day grind. And I'll still be playing with my toys. Hehe!

Great job by you and your wife on the headliner POPS.[cl :cool:
Having done a few interiors by my self I can tell you that the headliner is always the hardest part even with help.
Do I need to make a reservation for my truck interior???? ;)
Torchie.

:D
Great job by you and your wife on the headliner POPS.[cl :cool:
Having done a few interiors by my self I can tell you that the headliner is always the hardest part even with help.
Do I need to make a reservation for my truck interior???? ;)
Torchie.

Thanks.
No appointment necessary for you Torchie. Just bring it by any time and we'll make room for you. ;):eek:

Man I'm jealous. My wife is a terrific seamstress, but every time I mention sewing anything to do with a car, I get NO - end of discussion. You guys did a great job on the headliner!

Where did you get the foam board you used - is that a Home Depot item?

I'm currently researching stereos and speakers, so I'm curious about the speakers you chose - what are they?

Man I'm jealous. My wife is a terrific seamstress, but every time I mention sewing anything to do with a car, I get NO - end of discussion. You guys did a great job on the headliner!

Where did you get the foam board you used - is that a Home Depot item?

I'm currently researching stereos and speakers, so I'm curious about the speakers you chose - what are they?

Thanks.
My wife just likes to sew. She is always making something, quilts, clothes. whatever. She says its just like cutting and welding steel. Just cut your pattern and put it together.

I used what we call form board. It came from Home Depot back with the insulation. It is flexable enough to make the curve of the roof and light weight. I got the headliner material from Joannes fabric. It is foam backed and we glued it.

The speakers are just Sony 3 ways. I put 2 in the kid panels and two above and behind the seats. Plenty of speaker for this small cab.

One more step closer to getting the to do list done on this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4675.jpg
    IMG_4675.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4676.jpg
    IMG_4676.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4677.jpg
    IMG_4677.jpg