'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we gonna have to teach you which one is the go pedal & which one is the stop pedal?!? Never had that happen in a car but had it once on a motorcycle. Luckily I was a young whipper snapper & reached up & turned the key off pronto!

Glad that's all that happened & no one was hurt!!! [cl

BoB

Glad to hear that you and everyone else is alright.
I have to be careful when driving as I wear a size 13 shoe and with the fake leg, I have to make sure I'm not on the brake and the gas at the same time.:eek:
Doesn't appear to be any damage to the cab or the hinge mounts at the cowl. Good thing.
[P [P [P
Torchie

I'd sure be interested in knowing what caused the run away engine. That kind of thing is always in the back of our mind.

The broken weld on the Speedway 9 inch is very concerning - that has never crossed my mind. I always thought 9 inches were generic and bulletproof.

Thanks guys. Things could have been real ugly and a whole lot worse.
I'm going to have to have a 3rd knee operation the end of May and have a hard time getting in and out of the small cab of the old truck. I shoved the floor mat up under the brake pedal in the process and when I was pushing the brake pedal, the floor mat was pushing the gas pedal. No more floor mats for me.

The really bad welds on the rear diff just really irks me. I don't expect Speedway will do anything about it but they will know about it when I have a little time.
I will get it fixed again, It will just take me longer than usual.
Just need to find some parts.

I haven't been able to do much lately so I haven't been on here lately. With my knee issues and my mother.

Mom has congestive heart failure and stage 4 kidney failure and I've been busy getting her house in shape to sell, selling it and three other properties for her and taking care of her as best I can. She told me the other night that she didn't realize it was so much trouble to die.

Nice to see ya post again IR :)
My heart dropped when I seen the pics. I love your truck :(
Sorry to hear about your Mom. Prayers are sent her way.
I'll stay on the look out for parts.

I've been looking as well. But so far ...Nada.
I posted a shout out on the FB Classic Mopar group. If I hear of anything I will let you know.
Strength to you, Pops. I took care of my mom. Wasn't always easy but I'm glad I was the one.
Torchie

I've been looking as well. But so far ...Nada.
I posted a shout out on the FB Classic Mopar group. If I hear of anything I will let you know.
Strength to you, Pops. I took care of my mom. Wasn't always easy but I'm glad I was the one.
Torchie

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. My mom is a tuff old bird that has put up with alot from and because of me in the past. I am going to make the rest of her life as pleasant as possible and will be glad I did.

Thanks for watching for parts. I found a set of fenders in Colorado but the guy won't split the pair and I can't afford $2850. I'll probably buy his door next week for $375. I may have to end up with a fiberglass fender for now and hopefully find a steel one down the road somewhere.

glad

sheet metal can be fixed, just so happy you are 0K. :D:D:D:D:D:D

l have had the throttle stick W 0 T and it scares the $#!^ outta ya and no one hurt is a BlG plus,

Later :cool:

I'd try to pound (I mean massage) that fender back into its original shape before spending that kind of money on a replacement. But then, my standards may be a bit lower than yours. :D

Glad you`re ok pops... nonetheless, seeing your beautiful truck like that..... :(
If you cant find a replacement fender, I`d advise to look into a finding metalshaping shop who know how to do some decent panelbeating. From the pics, I would say that fender could be fixed to factory finish for a lot less than the 2850.

Glad you're ok and nobody got hurt. Have seen a few parts trucks out here on occasion. Keep'n watch. One of us will come through. Thoughts and prayers for mom.

Glad you`re ok pops... nonetheless, seeing your beautiful truck like that..... :(
If you cant find a replacement fender, I`d advise to look into a finding metalshaping shop who know how to do some decent panelbeating. From the pics, I would say that fender could be fixed to factory finish for a lot less than the 2850.

I agree with dutch and skip.
I'd try reworking that fender first as well.
Even if it's not perfect, It can get you back on the road until you find one that's not being held hostage.:eek:
The only thing I've seen has been a couple of Fiberglass ones on e-bay.
Seems like all the old Dodge stuff is hard to find.
[P [P [P
Torchie.

That's what I like about this site....We seem to have similar thoughts.
I removed the door and started getting the rear end out from under it yesterday. Then the ole sit and stair stage kicked in. I decided I was going to jack the fender out a little (or maybe a lot) then take it off and beat on it some. It certainly won't hurt it any.

Then I thought I might try my hand at making a buck with the left hand fender and reversing it to make a new one.

I've got way more time than I do money right now.

Latest posts

Back