47 dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nation1

My 47 dodge truck on top of a 93s10 running gear. Built in seven weeks on my back patio using junk I had sitting around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 65
Awesome Nat. That's a wonderful job you've done, and in such a short time, wow. Like skull says, What motor and transmission?
Have you got a million build pictures to show us?
Keep on tinkering.

Thank you
It has a 2.8 v6 with the t-5. I only had the budget for the stock engine and trans. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 30
Thanks
Yes I was planning on a small block originally but the wife only gave a $3200. Budget. Once I got it on the road the truck I too damn fun to drive now to put down for an engine change. Lol.
Anyway, I have never used an s10 under an old truck and wish I would have for the last couple builds. I saved so much time and money having a donor that fit right under.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 26
I have a 39 in the shop and the s10 swap has been suggested,exactly because of the work it saves. I would love to see more. I believe a single cab frame takes about 6 inches out of the wheel base, correct?

I have a 39 in the shop and the s10 swap has been suggested,exactly because of the work it saves. I would love to see more. I believe a single cab frame takes about 6 inches out of the wheel base, correct?

No, a regular cab long box S-10 is the right length for your 39 (if your 39 is a regular cab shortbox). The regular cab long box S-10 is a 117" WB, and your truck should be very close to that.

My brother has a '39 Dodge on an S-10 frame, it was a very good swap for his truck. We had trouble mounting the cab until we bolted the fenders to the cab (they originally were "floating").

When we do frame swaps we mount the cab and front sheetmetal on the frame together, then you can get the cab in the right spot so that the wheels are where you want them the first time.

Thanks
Yes I was planning on a small block originally but the wife only gave a $3200. Budget. Once I got it on the road the truck I too damn fun to drive now to put down for an engine change. Lol.
Anyway, I have never used an s10 under an old truck and wish I would have for the last couple builds. I saved so much time and money having a donor that fit right under.

I love how easy these swaps are, and how well they drive, handle, and stop. I've never driven a MII swap that drives this well.

Evil,
I used a short box standard cab. I had to shorten my bed about 8 inches. 05 is correct on mounting fenders and wheelbase. I mounted fenders to the cab and fab'd up a rad support to frame. As far as mounting cab I used the rear original s10 mounts (cut off the back part of mount to bed) And made two frt mounts. I also cut out the driver side firewall of s10 and welded into the dodge making the pedals and column line right up. I utilized entire wiring harness also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 18
Thank you
It has a 2.8 v6 with the t-5. I only had the budget for the stock engine and trans. :)

Hey Nation

I am working my way through one with a Willys cab on it...I cant wait to fire mine up...hope it is everything I have read about....mine is 2.8 5 speed also...

How do you like it so far???

Any insight or tricks I need to know???

How is it on MPG's???

Any pictures of the S10 dash board in the Dodge dash??

Thanks for posting...I admire a guy that can do a build in 7 weeks...I brought mine home in early October 2013...still cleaning and patching rotted frame sections and othe misc. stuff...

I work 2 jobs so my time is from like 5pm to 8pm at night...

MikeC

Latest posts

Back