47 dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChrisC,
I love the truck. It handles great and drives strait. It is such a fun truck to drive ESP with the 5-speed. The 2.8 has more guts then I thought. I know it's not a v8 but I can still spin both rear wheels pullin three gears. The truck doesn't weigh much either. The biggest tip I could give is measure twice, cut and weld once. It really just fell on the chassis. Gas mileage is about 17 avg. I have one pic of the dash. I have since tinkered with it and added something's to it.
Anyway. Goodluck on the build and I'd love to see pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 24
For the speedo I bought a GPS style new speedo from summit. Gutted old one using only face plate,glass and bezel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 28
For the speedo I bought a GPS style new speedo from summit. Gutted old one using only face plate,glass and bezel.

Hey Nation

I am going to have to look at the Summit 'wish" book again...how far back did you have set your motor and trans???...mine went back 9"...my only issue so far that I have had is I had to shorten the driveshaft and and lengthen the power steering hoses...oh yeah I am going to have to add a piece to the steering shaft as well...
I think I will be using most of the S10 firewall and floor pan too...my cabs are both buried in the snow bank right now...so I am running new brake lines...then I start on the fuel lines...3 of them I think...wiring brushing on the S10 frame most nights until the air is red with rust..(still finding soft spots on the frame...gotta love upstate NY rust)..

thanks for joining up here and sharing your project with us...

I actually want to use mine as truck when I am done...you know throw wood in back...put a reese hitch on it too..use it as a truck is supposed to be used...

MikeC

MikeC
Yes I set motor back 5 inches ( left it at that so I could just drop in a sbc). I also had to shorten drive shaft but didnt end up having to extend steering shaft. I just cutting the weld on the bolt flange to firewall and slid it up column about 4 inches and rewelding to column. It gave a perfect angle and wheel height
As far as the speedo. I got a auto meter 5inch face 0-140 GPS speedo from a local speed shop that ordered for a customer from summit but cust ended up not wanting it. I think list is around $400 but I paid close to $300.
I ended up using all the origins gauge faces with new gauges inset. The speedo I ended cutting out the back after taking it all apart and welding new tabs so the guts of the new speedo would set in the old. I flipped the new face and hand painted lines only on new speedo. The speed is accurate with the lines on the face but off on the original glass etching. After I made all the gauges I found a guy on ebay that sells entire set already done but ohh well. Lol

Latest posts

Back