47' Dump.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firstfabba

Well, this project will never be 100% complete, but the build is most of the fun. Started out with a complete 47' dump. This is what rolled out of the shop after almost a year. I have not kept track of the hours I have in it. BBC, TH400. Have a couple hundred miles on it now. Rolls straight down the road. No front shocks yet and I'm not sure that I need them. Anyway, thanks to all who provided help and inspiration through your pictures and posts!

Attachments

• 47comp1.jpg
    47comp1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 47comp2.jpg
    47comp2.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 129
very cool.. i thought about finding an old dump bed to cut down on my truck too...

47 Ford

Bed dows not dump at this time. Really close quarters behind the cab, keg and frame. Thought about it, but held off.

I do have many build pictures and intend on trying to get some posted.

Last Monday evening I twisted the driveshaft in half, (my fault, bought one from Speedway that could not handle the torque). Shook so hard it cracked the transmission case. Found another trans and had a driveshaft to cut down. Pulled the motor Wednesday and stuck it back in Thursday. Put about 50 miles on it Saturday.

Here is a picture of the full bed with the corners cut out and the new bed before assembly.

Attachments

• bed2.jpg
    bed2.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 27
  • bed1.jpg
    bed1.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back