50 chevy chop?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

Looking for a good tech thread or some pointers on chopping a 50 chevy 2door. How much time is involved? Whats the deal with glass? Ya know, the usual chop questions.

O h boy were should i start!!!!
Ok ,what typ of chop do you want ? is the first thing to deside ,and how much to remove is next.
Traditonal ,custom or the hammerd look[my personal favrit!]
Door glass and vent windows can be a big issue to consider also.
Try to find a tex smith ''how to chop tops '' book [speed way sails them ]
Theres step by step how to's on 49 -54 chevy 2 doors in it among others .
I have done quite a few chops and will help if i can so just pm me if i can help you.
I will say to not let time be a desiding factor ,the more time that you take the better it will turn out [dont rush though it]

That's great advice about the "how to chop tops" book! I chopped my 37 Chevy and it would have been a lot harder to do without that book. Some great ideas and how to's inside. Also right about the time factor. Don't rush the chop, walk away if it becomes too difficult at the moment. Sometimes a break will suddenly clear everything so you can proceed. Just do it and remember, there's nothing that can't be fixed on a car!....Good luck....CR:D

50 chevy chop

Hey hillbilly check out the builds here there was a 50 chop leat winter, let me try this link
Rat Rods Rule Forums > Builds!
Another 50 chev chop
that is the baddest chop I have seen in a long time, hoitink did some amazing work, lots of pictures, good luck on the chop and dont forget POST PICTURES

go to walmart and look in there $5. DVD bin
I found "kustom cars Lead Sleds " back from the dead II featuring Ian Roussel
there are 2 parts the extended build is the one you want (both are good). It is a good start on whats involved he lowers,clips and chops a top on a 50's Chevy not a bad dvd.

50 chop

i used tex smiths bood on how to chop cars. did my 50 5 inches and that a little much. basically cut a pillars,cut b pillars, cut around back glass(about 3 inches). move top forward and weld a pillars. slant your b pillars, lean in back glass area and fill in gaps.

Latest posts

Back