50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back in action

Worked on the passenger side floor, and supports for the seat bases.
the floor pan is jut tacked in, but the supports, and such are finish welded in for the passenger side.

More tomorrow, probably finish tack welding the pass side in, and work on the driver's side as well.

Attachments

• DSC05078.jpg
    DSC05078.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC05079.jpg
    DSC05079.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC05080.jpg
    DSC05080.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 68
I thought it looked like a small cut off wheel in a mandrel..... [S

Really jealous of your seats. Those are so cool. Better than mine.

Hey, just have them re-done! Thats all I did! $35 for the pair to buy them, they are Ford Windstar seats, and then shell out some cash for all the custom work :D

The floors are looking good DR.
My grand son says floors are for wimps, leave it open. I don't agree with the leaving it open part.
Stay on it!!

The floors are looking good DR.
My grand son says floors are for wimps, leave it open. I don't agree with the leaving it open part.
Stay on it!!

Heh... I like the interior to be functional =)

Working on the driver's side floor tonight inbetween periods of the Red Wings game...

Your grandson obviously never caught a stone in the nut sack going 65mph!:eek:

Looking good DR.
Torchie.

[cl[cl[cl

Agreed, I've taken a rock and a large bee on a motorcycle through a leather jacket and it still hurts at 60mph... :cool:

I managed to get the rear section of the passenger floor all welded in, I am welding like mad, and getting it done... Still sorting out the fuel lines, the quote I got just about knocked me off my chair, so back to the drawing board literally, going to change it to flex lines, and getting it quoted again...

Your grandson obviously never caught a stone in the nut sack going 65mph!:eek:

Looking good DR.
Torchie.

There's a lot he hasn't experienced at nine years old. Then again I haven't ever taken one in that area at 65 mph.

DR, What kind of pressure does your system run at? I can see where high pressure fuel lines could get pricey in a hurry.

There's a lot he hasn't experienced at nine years old. Then again I haven't ever taken one in that area at 65 mph.

DR, What kind of pressure does your system run at? I can see where high pressure fuel lines could get pricey in a hurry.

Thankfully they were not in that area while on the bike...

Line pressure is 350psi on the supply side I guess. But that is relatively low compared to a hydraulic brake system... But yes, I am trying to do things using the same materials and such that were used in the original system design, covering my rear in the event that there is ever an issue, I'll know that I did things right, and safely on the fuel side of things.... :)

Not a lot to report, family weekend, but I did however line up a couple mustang sway bars, I know I can use the rear one, and the front is a gamble so we will see...
Should have those tuesday night... monday is a wash, as I'll be at the Red Wings playoff game, hoping to see us kick some blackhawk tail...

Er, can I change my prediction on the Red Wings/Blackhawk series? The Wings look really good even though they lost key players to retirement.

It's hard to find time for hot rod building in the summer with so many other things to do.

Game 3 was really good for the Wings, going into game 4 at home, I'm liking our chances...

Anyhow, Got some more welding done last night, got the seat base welding started for the passenger side... Still waiting on getting the removable pieces made up, still waiting for the idea to click on how to make it cool, and removable....

Anyhow the update for today is that I found a nice bender for 1/4" stainless steel tubing with flares and fittings that I ordered so that I can bend my own hard lines, I also ordered all the stainless steel hard lines that I think I need to run the hard lines as I want... that should keep some of the cost down, as my flexible lines should be pretty short from the hard lines on the frame to the hard lines at the tank and at the engine.

2 hours of welding tonight on the floors, and got the driver's side seat base welded in, need to finish welding in the passenger side....

Jegs got me some of my stainless lines today for the fuel lines, waiting on the longer pieces, and my bender... planning on removing the cab when running the lines I believe...

Scored some exhaust cut-outs at a garage sale

Not sure what brand they are just yet, but they are air cylinder setups...
Whats weird is there are 2 holes in the plates that I'll need to fill, and not sure I will run air, maybe just cables & springs... Anyhow these would go aft of the cats...

best part? $10 for the pair... [cl[cl[cl

Attachments

• 970346_10200401053762745_266572472_n.jpg
    970346_10200401053762745_266572472_n.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 972092_10200401052482713_22531101_n.jpg
    972092_10200401052482713_22531101_n.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back