50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More progress 1-22-14

Well, They did finally get the driveshaft correct, and the bolts are rated at like 12.9 I think.. pretty strong bolts... Their one piece flange fit perfectly, and I think they did a really nice job except for the crappy paint job they put on it... the company is shaftmasters.com

Anyhow, I got the driveshaft in tonight & looks like the U-joint angle is pretty close to being where it should be I think eyeballing it with the angle finder gets me about 4-5 degrees, and one floor panel welded in. I finally took a pic of the lights I added in the front as well. Not much, but it's progress. ;)

Attachments

• DSC05324.jpg
    DSC05324.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC05325.jpg
    DSC05325.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC05326.jpg
    DSC05326.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC05327.jpg
    DSC05327.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC05328.jpg
    DSC05328.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 55
Thanks, and no, I need to finish a lot more before I do that, brake pedal, shifter assembly, fix the doors so they open and close, and a lot of wiring....

I like the lights.
That doesn' t sound like much on your pre drive list (If you say it real fast.)
keep plugging.

I should have the first part of the steering shaft I need next week... probably won't touch the truck again til next week sometime.. too cold today to waste propane to heat the garage.

Probably going to work on the brake pedal next week, and start looking at what to do for the shift linkage to hook up the old school T-handle challenger (slap stick?) setup I have.

Very nice DR...

front end looks great.....I had my last drive shaft made by Camerons cove in chesterfield....on Marine City Hwy....was resonable prices...good work....

Thanks for the info, yea I have had CCI do some work before as well.

Well I started working on the shifter assembly, but for some reason I removed the shift cable bracket from the transmission and now I cannot find it anywhere... so I ordered a new one for $12 online... ugh.

Anyhow I think I have the arm length close to being correct, but I have to have all the pieces firmly mounted before I can test the shifting mechanism... so hopefully soon...

Tomorrow hoping to get the brake pedal arm sent to be cut on the laser machine.

Picking up a set of 90s blazer front fenders for the steel flares, plan on adding them to the rear quarter panels for a more finished look and to cover the tires a bit more.

Also have a line on a fiero steering shaft, I plan on using at least half of it to save some money hopefully... Just need to verify a couple things, and order it.

DR-"Well I started working on the shifter assembly, but for some reason I removed the shift cable bracket from the transmission and now I cannot find it anywhere... so I ordered a new one for $12 online... ugh."

in my best 0be-one voice---the C R S is strong in this one[ddd

Later :cool:

DR....do what I do.....

Stop looking for the cable and look for something totally different....you'll find the cable.....easy peasy.....

Thats what I figure, I remember putting it in a bag with the pivot arm and the bolts, but after an hour yesterday I gave up and ordered it, I'll nail it to the wall if I find it after teh new one comes in...

Thats what I figure, I remember putting it in a bag with the pivot arm and the bolts, but after an hour yesterday I gave up and ordered it, I'll nail it to the wall if I find it after teh new one comes in...

Sounds like me DR.
I bag and tag everything, then loose the bag.LOL
You are getting closer my friend.[P
Torchie.

Shifter & Console progress & more

Picked up a couple 90s Jimmy/Blazer fenders, we will see if I can use the sheetmetal wheel well flare on the back.

I got the supports/mounts made for the challenger slap stick shifter, and the bracket for the shift cable, just waiting on the new bracket for the other end from the dealer. (I think I'm close on height and location) Cut the cable mount off the old steering column, and tacked it on the challenger shifter.

Also started test fitting the console I picked up from a cavalier, with a couple filler panels on the side and maybe some dye I'll be in business... I know its not old old, but it is all about comfort and functionality when it comes to a center console.

I also ordered a fiero steering shaft, so at least 1/2 of the steering shaft will be ready so I can mock up the steering column location and fab the brackets...

Laser should have my brake pedal pieces cut tomorrow so big plans for the weekend to really get some things wrapped up if I can. Waiting on parts kinda sucks...

Attachments

• DSC05329.jpg
    DSC05329.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05330.jpg
    DSC05330.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC05331.jpg
    DSC05331.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05332.jpg
    DSC05332.jpg