52 Chevy pickup.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this an "OLD NAVY" store prop? How was the hood seam eliminated?

010.jpg

009.jpg

016.jpg

Cab vents are gone. No mirror mounting holes. Hood emblem is not standard issue for a truck. Rear fender looks like it has been trimmed.

I hope its not one of those bondo'd all to hell store props.

Most of those trucks were pretty much just bondo props. I triesd to get the one that my sisters store had. Looks good from here. look it over real good in the cab corners and lower fender areas to see if they got lots of plastic.

It will be easier on the pic from photo bucket if you use the IMG Code at the bottom of the pic. Just copy it from there and paste it here. It will have just numbers when you paste it here until you hit the submit reply then you will be able to see it as a pic.

Yea I believe it was a old navy truck, but it seems to be pretty solid. Im not sure wat exactly the game plan is yet, but Its gonna be sum kinda crazy mad max type truck wen its done. LOL:D

Im either chopin it up and removing the front end and making it an older rat rod looking truck.....or, Im gonna slam it and run some crazy zoomies outta the front end and cuttin holes in the hood for my cone shaped blower breathers to stick thru.

Got a few visions, Will keep you posted. RR;)

Yea it does look good. My problem is that I really want a wild looking ratty mobile and the truck is one of the few oldies that fits my large frame well. I paid a little more than sum Ive seen, but less than the ones in excellent shape.
I was thinking mustang ifs front end, rear 9 inch, boxed frame. Its not even wired or have tailights. I havent found much if any bondo, but Im not a great body man. RR

Yea it does look good. My problem is that I really want a wild looking ratty mobile and the truck is one of the few oldies that fits my large frame well. I paid a little more than sum Ive seen, but less than the ones in excellent shape.
I was thinking mustang ifs front end, rear 9 inch, boxed frame. Its not even wired or have tailights. I havent found much if any bondo, but Im not a great body man. RR

i think you have a good looking start, and a great plan suspension wise as long as you're leaving the fenders on......remember one thing tho....radical doesn't always equate with pretty.....or even safe on some occasions:eek:
but hey build it how you want-we'll be here to watch it;):D

to be honest i wouldnt hack it up. it looks good like that. i would leave it, get it driving, and cruise it every day.

Listen to rustinf1! That truck is way too nice to change up. It looks great the way it is in my opinion. It would make a great everyday driver. :cool: You'd be alot better off to leave it alone and find something in worse shape to rat out. There again, that's just my opinion. :D

Thunder

Looks like a decent find by the picture. My wife's 47 has an MII with manual rack. 5'3" woman has no problem with steering it, either. Check Flipper's build thread for a real neat & comfortable seat build for an AD. Check the truck build in my sig for some ideas that may be useful to you.

ratrodney... Where exactly in Ohio are you located? I'm in Springfield.

BTW... to be honest, who cares if it came out of a store front? You gotta truck you wanted, right? GO EXTREME with it! And if there's bondo, pick it out and if you don't like what's underneath it, replace it. I liked what was under my bondo and just worked from that

100_9666.jpg

You can still have the rat look (doesn't necessarily mean it has to be all by God's hand that made it that way... I had a hand in mine getting to the way it is).

Hey.

Im dwn here in good ole Chillicothe.
Im thinkin the gf is gonna keep this since its a solid start and Im gonna get something a little more wild to build for my setup. RR

Rat Rod AD

I saw a cool rat made from a '51 Chevy 1/2 ton yesterday. S-10 frame, drop spindles, chopped 3", no hood, no front fender but it had a front roll pan, Wide White Walls with moon hubcaps. It was a 5 window with mesh for the rear windows and no door glass. I parked beside it with my '48 and NOBODY noticed mine, it was way cool and well done but cheap to build.

gotta keep the fenders on.they look way better with them.fenderless trucks look good till mid 40s. but thats just me

Attachments

• sell stuff 093.jpg
    sell stuff 093.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back