'52 Chevy Truck Rat Project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys, I made a little more progress this weekend. I now have the driver lower door jams tacked in. I also fitted the inner cab corner, rocker panel, inner lower valance, kick panel and left side floor panel. Not bad for a few hours on Saturday. It is starting to come together. I'm thinking about chopping the top 4". Any thought on chopping the top?

100_1801.jpg

100_1810.jpg

hey love the bulid man keep it up and i'm gald to hear about your dad being ok, i've lost alot of my family to cancer just enjoy everyday you have with him and listen to the stories no matter how many times he tells them lol i will be following your bulid good luck!

I thought I would update my build thread with a few update pics. I hope to be finished with the cab before year end. I will be working on the four link, boxing the frame, and plumbing next.

100_1843.jpg

100_1844.jpg

100_1845.jpg

100_1847.jpg

100_0012.jpg

100_0013.jpg

100_0016.jpg

100_0017.jpg

100_0018.jpg

100_0019.jpg

dont know how I have missed this one till now.. looks great and I am glad to hear your father is doing well... my garage helper is my pops too!

looks good! If you need any info on the LSX swap let me know. I can get you schematics and such. [P

looks good! If you need any info on the LSX swap let me know. I can get you schematics and such. [P

Thanks, I will need a stand alone harness for the lq4 and T56. I'm not sure which tune I will go with. I'm thinking Frost from LS1tech but I've not researched this enough.

I made some progress over the Holidays. I finished welding in the floor pan toe boards, left and right side valances, rebuilt the rear cab mounts and welded in the right cab corner. All I lack on the cab rust repair is the left cab corner. Enjoy the pics.

100_0035.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0040.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0042.jpg

100_0047.jpg

100_0048.jpg

100_0074.jpg

100_0075.jpg

100_0080.jpg

Lookin' good keep up the good work! Were you making those cab repair pieces or is there a company that you get them through? Reason I ask is that I'm a noob when it comes to sheetmetal and being able to just get pieces to weld into typical rust areas would make my life a lot easier when I brave a project. Thanks, Mac

Lookin' good keep up the good work! Were you making those cab repair pieces or is there a company that you get them through? Reason I ask is that I'm a noob when it comes to sheetmetal and being able to just get pieces to weld into typical rust areas would make my life a lot easier when I brave a project. Thanks, Mac

I purchased the repair panels. The fit was surprisingly good.

Love the truck. who did you get the repair panels from ? A lot of the panels out on the market don't fit well and i need to get some. [;)

I purchased the repair panels from a guy local to me. He sells at swap meets, car shows, etc. He does not have a web page and is semi retired so you may need to leave a message if you call. I will see if the manufacture is on the repair panels. I'm sure other companies sell the same panels.

Chevy Truck Parts Unlimited
4401 Old Spartanburg Road
Hendersonville, NC 28792
(828) 697-9119

A few updated photos. I finished installing the repair panels in the cab. I will be removing the cab, sand blasting the frame, box it in, installing rear truck style trailing arm suspension. I hope to have this done by fall. The attached photos show the final ride height.

100_0108.jpg

Picture 122.jpg

Progress report. I welded all of the holes in the frame, installed the '70 cross member and NASCAR trailing arms. Next I will box the frame, run fuel lines, install the fuel tank and fire up the engine.

100_0178.jpg

100_0180.jpg

100_0182.jpg

100_0183.jpg

100_0184.jpg

Latest posts

Back