52 Pontiac Chieftan Deluxe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungBlood

Here are some pics of the car I just sold (hopefully). I saved it from the crusher when my bro-in-law's uncle had the county cracking down on his property that had too many unregistered vehicles. It's a cool car, but with 5 other projects before it, I figured it may go to a better home than I can give it right now.

Its all original, Silver Streak Straight 8, even the original chief-head hubcaps. And its heavier than hell, I could smell the clutch in my toyota burning just pulling it up the yard.

Attachments

• Pontiac1.jpg
    Pontiac1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Pontiac2.jpg
    Pontiac2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Pontiac3.jpg
    Pontiac3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Pontiac4.jpg
    Pontiac4.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 15
Now that's a car!!

That is a beautiful automobile you have there. The lines on that car are just good to look at. It is in excellent condition from what the pictures show. They made them with built in CLASS in those days. That's a great find and hope the buyer appreciates the true worth of that car. LOOKING GOOD

Yea, those are pretty neat cars. My dad has a 1948 Pontiac Silver Streak. When we pulled the straight eight out of it, it was so heavy that it broke the chain on our hoist.

Those are truly cool cars, I two buddies in high school that had one. One of them was a two door the other a four door. I believe the Indian on the hood on one of them lit up.

The indian head is the coolest part of the whole damn car. I really wish I had a place for this car in my life right now, but I don't.

It is way out of my interest-range right now and I have commited to too many far-out, different projects to feel like this is a car for my collection. I love original un-touched cars when it comes to shows, but for me I like radical and awe-inspiring.

I know I am going to regret selling it five years from now, but it will just add to a list of cars that I have already done that too.

Honestly, if I kept it, I would do something wild like pro-charging the straight eight with flame throwers and 4:10 gears in its big ass. People would smile.

Latest posts

Back