54 Chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the right door hung. What a pain. I like to never got it adjusted. It took about an hour of moving suff around. Even a big hammer came in to play at one point. The door now shuts better than the Firebird's doors.

They picked the cab up with straps around the roof and they bent the rain gutters all up. it took a few blows with a hammer and block of wood to get it close. Before it looked like the roof was bowed up but it was just the gutter.

Put the Peel N Seal in the roof. I will be putting AC on the truck later so I want to keep all the heat out of it that I can. I want it to be so cold am Eskimo would wear a coat.

Working on the front bracket.

It was a job getting the rear bracket back 5". Next time I'll just take the brackets off the springs and put them on and then put the spring back on. It will make it a ton easier.

All done. I moved the hangers up an inch too. So it's an inch lower in the tail. It will be a little higher than this. The bed side is just tossed on there and not up in the back. When the bed is mocked up where it will be the wheel is dead center. Better than factory. Factory had it forward of center.

I got the bed bolted down and some welding done on it from where it was rusted and falling apart. I left the camera in the garage so I'll have to post pics later.

She's low!

The bed is on it, minus the bed floor so now I can turn it back around so I can get to the engine and some other stuff. I need some wheels!

I started working on the headlights but ran out of welding wire. After that I was bored so I messed with the spray cans. I have been messing with the primer for a few days between working on other stuff and thought I'd show you what I'm after.

I don't like to fake patina but I'm sick of seeing every pre 1955 in black primer. It won't stay but this fake spray bomb job will do for a few months.

The look I'm going for is something like a service truck that has been sitting in the desert sun for the last 40+ years. Sun baked and door writing you can't see unless you are right up on it.

I can't letter. God knows I've tried. This cheating way will have to do.

Cut it out with a razor blade.

Latest posts

Back