54 Chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ripped a few 2X4 and slapped some racks together for the truck. Nothing fancy. I can take them on and off depending on what look I want. The bed floor is so hi that they will help haul stuff if it's a little tall or if I need something to tie to.

It's always a family affair when we are working on something. My youngest son, Aryan wanted to sand the ink marks out of the wood.

Wear your eye protection? Too late!

That's better!

It went pretty fast. I set up the boards, drilled the holes and the love of my life, Amy came right in behind me with carriage bolts and nuts to hold everything together.

Few pics on the way to the car club meeting. I was driving the Firebird so Amy and Sami drove the truck.

Cincy Ohio skyline over to the left in this picture.

I'm just going to had a filler to the top for now. Later I may make it all one piece. We will see.

More pictures later. I have to get the English Wheel rolling and the bead roller moving to get the filler fixed.

The center support was higher than the visor so the filler had to have an arch in it plus contour back and forth and side to side. PAIN! Getting close.

Primer.

I will whip up something a little nicer when I get time. I'll also be looking for some chrome that will match up with what is there so the chrome will flow all the way across. For now she's in the wind and I'm out of the sun!

Latest posts

Back