66 Krewl Kab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat33pickmup

International man of mystery!
this is my 66 Crew Cab, started on it and gonna do some pics and Info as I go

Jim

Attachments

• krewl kab 01.jpg
    krewl kab 01.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 92
  • krewl kab 02.jpg
    krewl kab 02.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 83
  • krewl kab 04.jpg
    krewl kab 04.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 68
the first pics are from bringin it home from western washington where I used to live, she sat under the trees there near Eatonville for last 4 years. been sittin at my upholstery shop for about 3 months and finally got her home to the garage. First order of business was to pull the Dana 60 3/4 rear out and get the Nova rear over the springs to get her down in the dirt. Finished rearend this weekend and took springs outta the front just to get the feel. Next weekend is set up to put a Camaro Subframe under the front. Engine will be a mild 250 Chevy I-6/ 5 speed. and for the pics of the weekend of working on it

Attachments

• Krewl Kab2.jpg
    Krewl Kab2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Krewl Kab3.jpg
    Krewl Kab3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Krewl Kab4.jpg
    Krewl Kab4.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Krewl Kab6.jpg
    Krewl Kab6.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Krewl Kab5.jpg
    Krewl Kab5.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 33
and a few more, I know its not a Rat but I will also have less than $3K into it as a driver not counting Labor LOL

Jim

Attachments

• Krewl Kab7.jpg
    Krewl Kab7.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Krewl Kab8.jpg
    Krewl Kab8.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 20
nice build. i would love to find one of those cabs and throw it on a dropped dually chasis. make it a mild rat job. there is a lot you can do with a cab like that.

Sweet! The long ones look awesome slammed down. Kinda wanted to do that with mine, but I still haul with it. I always liked the 65 grille better. See ya got a 64 sitting there too. What's in the background there?

59Imp, I watched that build on Slick60s forum a while ago same basic setup susp. as mine will have.

Sam_fear, in the background is a 1958 International Harvester anniversary edition ( same as Golden Jubilee) thats Olds powered, tubbed, Aspen front susp. 9" rear, 19X18.5"s Mopar steel wheels.

Thanks guys, been wanting to build this for a long time.

that truck is going to look saweeeet!

I like the mega slam on the red and black one dont make the inside of the bed overly pretty and you'd have the coolest parts chaser around :D

some new pics of what the Krewl Kab look like right now, have pics of the frame clip but seems they need to be resized to make them work. I will post them and the Step notch in the rear when I get them fixed.

Jim

Attachments

• 100_0913.jpg
    100_0913.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_0915.jpg
    100_0915.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_0916.jpg
    100_0916.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_0917.jpg
    100_0917.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_0918.jpg
    100_0918.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 58
66 Krew

Way cool I like it, the inline 6 sounds good to me what are your plans for it? Multi carbs or 4 barrel? Flat red oxide primer and mirrored windows might be cool. But build it as you are and keep us posted.
Again way cool truck.

52 fordman

i dunno HOW i missed this--but i did......:eek:

i love it - would love to see how the clip went--i thought a camaro clip would be too narrow for a truck that big, so i'm really glad to see it work...

the right front fender and left front door are "marlin blue" which was the color of my first 66, that sure takes me back....;)

thanks for sharing these pics, would love to see more....:D:D

Latest posts

Back