!933 Chevrolet coupe rat/racer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gottkts

Alright i am starting this thread for my dad to keep up with the progress on his car. He is starting off with a 33 coupe that is sitting on the original frame. The car has had the roof filled in at one point and has a fordd solid axle in the front and a roll cage through out. The plans are to make it a street car with a vintage race look so some of the cage will have to go. here are some pics to show what we are working with. Now this car does have the cage but never raced something more recently done by someone else.

1281207530.jpg

1281207531.jpg

1281207533.jpg

1281207722.jpg

1281207535.jpg

Now if anyone has helpful information to what rear ends or steering set ups etc etc are best please let us know. I picked up some materials for him yesterday to build a floor and get rid of most of the wood that is left in the car. He worked on the car some and as you can see in the pictures of the passenger side the door had a big gap. Well after cutting away some of the cage it has relieved the body and let it come back. the cage was wedging the body out and putting it in a bind I will post some new pics in a few

Ok this project was put on the back burner due to my dad remodeling their house. It is back on track now once some parts arrive. Within this time I have built a model a sedan that I am finishing up and we picked up a 36 and 38 chevrolet pickup.
Here are some pics to catch up
My sedan
1383442625.jpg

My dads coupe
1382324117.jpg

1382324478.jpg

1385164978.jpg

And one of the truck cabs
1385165017.jpg

The coupe has changed plans here and there but we are now building a 2x4 frame, it has a crown vic disc brake rear end and new firestone big and littles mounted on s-10 and jeep grand Cherokee space saver wheels. At the moment we are waiting on back ordered parts and have to clean the garage to be able to work. In mock up pics engine is sitting high.

I have a full build thread on the sedan on kb if anyone needs info. Going to hang out here more as well.

Thanks fellas, today we decided to clean up the garage so when the parts come in we can go to work. I was also able to get a couple better pics of the coupe mocked up. As I said before the engine will be setting lower and the whole car may be lowered just slightly more. He wants a bonneville style race look but it will not have a full cage or nothing. Basically just numbers painted on.

Neverdone , as for the truck in the pic, I am planning a chop, channel, make a bed,fenderless and a old straight six. Planning on putting some slick paint on it, just depends how bad it is when I get into it. For the 36 I am thinking chopped channeled military style dually.
1385246570.jpg

1385246562.jpg

We have been getting some stuff done, this is our first attemp at trimg to make the 2x4 rails look like model a style.
1387126936.jpg

1387126935.jpg

1387126938.jpg

Still have to finish off the nose and make another one just like it lol. Once that's done we will set the crossmember and plan a sweep on them

Thanks earthman, yea we have enough projects to keep us busy but seems like we always want more even though the ones we have are not done yet lol. And yes I am fortunate to be able to do the projects with my dad, get to learn a lot .

Well today we curved the other framerail and it actually matched up good with the first one. This is our first time for doing the framerails like that, so like anything you learn more as you go. My dad also got his dropped axle setup with a reversed eye spring and drag link. Last but not least he stripped down the lincoln axle and we started plasma cutting off all the brackets. We will finish the cuts with a cutoff wheel. Here are a few pics
1387663731.jpg

1387663737.jpg

1387663751.jpg

Next up is sweeping the rails and mounting the crossmember so we can finally build the chassis. We will finish off the nose of the rails once we get the frame setup just incase we want to add any length.

Thanks endicott, your sedan is coming along great as well. One thing for sure, if you build a early chevy you get to fo about double the work with all the wood lol.

Ok, we have been cutting away on this 2x4. Both rails have been swept now and today we set the front crossmember up. I don't have too many good pics showing the sweep but here are a couple. Also we are hoping to have the frame built this coming up week minus four link.
1388275627.jpg

1388275626.jpg

Ok we made it out in the garage for a few hours today. We got the frame all welded up, my dad worked on cleaning up the axle where the brackets were cut off and I started making the nose pieces for the chassis.
1388512946.jpg

Bent some flat bar
1388512947.jpg

1388512994.jpg

1388512997.jpg

Latest posts

Back