A chevy in a ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUCKY DEVIL 13

Greasy Gearhead
How many of you guys out there would get all bent outta shape over someone puttin a chevy motor into a ford body? The reason I ask is I have a buddy that is all bent up over me putting a bbc in my 36 ford. He went out and bought a '40 chevy pickup and keeps throwin it into my face that he is going to put a ford motor in ti and paint up the embossed chevrolet on the tailgate and then put a big ford ovel over top of it like I am supposed to get mad that he is going to do that. the way I look at it is if it's yours do with it what you want - I thought that is what hot rodding and rat rodding was all about [S[S[S

people

it seems the friend don't go to many car shows, most every make has a chevy in it.

some people are just that way, l get flak all the time about chevy motors in my dodges.

put in what you like, you have to work on it and drive it.

l got so tired of hearing that ''wrong'' motor stuff l tell'em ''fine, buy or donate the ''right'' motor and AOD tranmission,the labor & time to put it in & get runninng for me''. that usually shuts'em up[ddd

Later :cool:

l get flak all the time about chevy motors in my dodges.

:

Ive got a BBC454 going in my Ford Tudor, I have no problem telling someone to keep stepping MOFO, dont like it? hit the bricks bi-otch:cool:

these are the same A holes that either "bought" their ride, and have no idea on how to build a car, or they dont have any ride at all, and just have "ROD" envey:rolleyes

He went out and bought a '40 chevy pickup and keeps throwin it into my face that he is going to put a ford motor in ti and paint up the embossed chevrolet on the tailgate and then put a big ford ovel over top of it [S[S[S

IF this guy went out and dropped some serious coin to make a point, hes stupidier then argueing with someone on the internet

WOW

Its your car, build it safe, but build it the way that YOU like.

This above all else!!!
Personally, I'd rather see Ford engines in Fords. Amongst friends, us Ford, Mopar and Chevy guys are always teasing each other, but it never gets militant or ugly.
I was recently at a show/run and probably 80% of the rods had sbc engines. Now personally I just kind of keep walking on by but when I see a rod with a Olds 324, Caddy 500, Mopar poly, Studebaker, Buick straight 8, Y block, Hemi, 409 ect. I stop and check it out real good.

I think the bigger question is, why do you care at all what he thinks ? :confused:

Don

It's not that I really care cuz I am gonna build it the way I want to either way, I got the same crap from people about the dually rear end in my truck

Just wondering what you guys think :)

it seems the friend don't go to many car shows, most every make has a chevy in it.

some people are just that way, l get flak all the time about chevy motors in my dodges.

put in what you like, you have to work on it and drive it.

l got so tired of hearing that ''wrong'' motor stuff l tell'em ''fine, buy or donate the ''right'' motor and AOD tranmission,the labor & time to put it in & get runninng for me''. that usually shuts'em up[ddd

Later :cool:

No he knows that alot of guys do the chev in a ford he is just a die hard ford guy and for whatever reason this time it is really eatin at him that I am putting a bbc in a ford I don't care what he thinks I am gonna build it my way regardless just curioous to what everyone here thinks of guys like that :)

Ive got a BBC454 going in my Ford Tudor, I have no problem telling someone to keep stepping MOFO, dont like it? hit the bricks bi-otch:cool:

these are the same A holes that either "bought" their ride, and have no idea on how to build a car, or they dont have any ride at all, and just have "ROD" envey:rolleyes

IF this guy went out and dropped some serious coin to make a point, hes stupidier then argueing with someone on the internet

WOW

No he got it for $300 but it just kinda retarded that he is gettin this worked up about it anad I am gona build it how I want too no matter what. Just curious as to what you guys think about the chevy in a ford thing is all :)

Well a least your not one of those guys that used a datsun four banger in a 49 ford, what was that guy thinking[ddd

LOL No I don't hink I could ever put a 4 banger in anything I like horsepower too much :p

This above all else!!!
Personally, I'd rather see Ford engines in Fords. Amongst friends, us Ford, Mopar and Chevy guys are always teasing each other, but it never gets militant or ugly.
I was recently at a show/run and probably 80% of the rods had sbc engines. Now personally I just kind of keep walking on by but when I see a rod with a Olds 324, Caddy 500, Mopar poly, Studebaker, Buick straight 8, Y block, Hemi, 409 ect. I stop and check it out real good.

Yeah I would like to do a really different mtor but I have to be realalistic about it because the really different motors are WAY expensive to build and I just don't have that kind of cash LOL Someday I wanna do a hemi in somethnig I build!! But I have also always wanted to a bbc in something

I say, you are the one turning the wrench, you decide whats right for you.
If we were all purists here, we would never scavenge parts from so many different makes and models.

Its all about what fits best for your situation, and what you see for your build. I say go for it!

To answer the question, first it is your car and you can build it how you want, second it is mine (or anyone else's) opinion and I'm entitled to it and by constitutional right can also voice it. That doesn't mean it's ok to be rude and obnoxious.

I'm a Ford guy, have a Ford engine in everything I have except the wife's Jeep Cherokee and her Vette. My 36 Dodge is getting a Ford engine,unless that rare early Hemi suddenly shows up. I have a buddy with a 53 F100 that has a LS Chevy motor in it that I rag about having the wrong motor all the time. I rag him, not berate him, there's a difference. We both know it's in good fun. Lots of guys say the Chevy is cheaper and easier, I guess they are right with all the aftermarket support they have. The SBF is right up there now though due to the Fox Mustang guys.

My mean streak has always wanted to buy a clapped out C4 Corvette and drop in a 460 Ford just to wizz off the purists.:D

Build it your way with what you have. Nobodies got to like it but you, that International/Grand Am Pontiac was sure proof of that!:eek:

To answer the question, first it is your car and you can build it how you want, second it is mine (or anyone else's) opinion and I'm entitled to it and by constitutional right can also voice it. That doesn't mean it's ok to be rude and obnoxious.

Chevrolet power is the only way to make a hot rod run!;)

i got a ford 302 in my chevy
and a ford front end
and a ford 9"rear
and a ford tranny
and.....;)

I'm a Ford guy, have a Ford engine in everything I have except the wife's Jeep Cherokee and her Vette. My 36 Dodge is getting a Ford engine,unless that rare early Hemi suddenly shows up. I have a buddy with a 53 F100 that has a LS Chevy motor in it that I rag about having the wrong motor all the time. I rag him, not berate him, there's a difference. We both know it's in good fun. Lots of guys say the Chevy is cheaper and easier, I guess they are right with all the aftermarket support they have. The SBF is right up there now though due to the Fox Mustang guys.

My mean streak has always wanted to buy a clapped out C4 Corvette and drop in a 460 Ford just to wizz off the purists.:D

Build it your way with what you have. Nobodies got to like it but you, that International/Grand Am Pontiac was sure proof of that!:eek:

Thanx guys :) I plan on building the way I want no matter what anyway I just wanted to see what you all thought about the subject :) Cuz everyone here is AWESOME!!!!!

The only reason SBC's get a lot of flack is [S
I really don't know why :eek:
Bros. rat, this is why they make Chevy, Ford, Olds, Dodge, Pontiac (sorry they quit this one :() just to get their kicks when we diss each other about our choice [ddd
All I care about is seeing the pics [P

When I hear that kind of talk, I think the guy spewing it is a fool. Ribbing amongst friends is not the same.

I also don't think anyone with an sbc should bother opening their hood at a show - you can't appreciate the cars lines with the hood up, and all you get is a look at a common motor. The 'ugly distributor in the front' comment always makes me laugh inside too. Like a power steering pump or alternator is a thing of beauty?

Latest posts

Back