air cleaner help, please?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21tat

I've exhausted all my resources, now here it is. I have been cutting larger diameter air filters to fit my scoop for a while now. I'm over it. I have a scoop on the intake that is labeled Mr. Roadster on the inside. It sits on top of a Edlebrock 600 carb. on a TR1Y manifold. Nobody in town has a solution, I've tried all the online stores. Any help on getting a stock # for a filter that will fit this setup would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• airfilter2.jpg
    airfilter2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 60
Already tried these guys. The o.d. is 5", height 2.5", .5" thick. This is what I have cut down to make fit. I may just fit a piece to cover the opening at front of intake instead of trying to make a full round one that sits on top of the carb. Thanks for the input.

I just got one from carquest and they have an application guide, old paper book, that gives dimensions and part numbers. I needed one a bit taller than the stock for my 63 fairlane aircleaner and they got it for me.

If you can find a good "old school" parts person to assist you in looking at a book that might be the fastest (only) way to find a filter to fit.

Latest posts

Back