air ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd55f100

i am putting air ride on my 55 f100 and i was wanting to try something different than just regular air line to make it a little more reliable

pictures and ideas wanted

Plastic tube has been used on semis for years. If you keep it all the same diameter, if ever need be you can carry an ezzee repair union all you need is a sharp knife. cut the ends square and push the line into the fitting. No muss No fuss. Just my $.02.

I have seen a rod with copper plumbing for the air lines, (i have pictures of it on my other computer, ill try to post it up if someone else doesnt have it readily available. it was at the hunnert car pile up last year) from what i understand you have to use silver solder for the connections to hold the pressure.

here ya go corpo,

it was a nice set up..

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF0023.jpg
    DSCF0023.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 66
Yeah plastic airline is DOT approved, I've never had probs with it even under 250psi it took to lift the front of my '71 Olds 88. My brother has a 67 Deville with nitrogen powered airbags. He can crank up the pressure enough to hop the front off the ground. Thats no joke with a beast that size and a 472 under the hood. Just has normal plastic line.

The only other thing I've seen is copper tubing like CORPO said. Looks really nice, esp on on old rod. I would think tricky to get soldered up and may be prone to cracks from vibration.

thanks for the in put

plastic it will be

this is my truck and the flames i painted for the front end

Attachments

• trucklow3.JPG
    trucklow3.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 53
  • flames6.JPG
    flames6.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 48
Thanks dogpatch,

i was thinking about running plastic lines inside some copper tubing to get the look and minimize the hastle..

we will see.. thats still way down the road on my build

Hey, I just joined and was excited to find the pics of this car on here. I am the one who built that thing and the copper lines were a pain in the butt but they looked pretty cool when they were all done. If I remember right there was about 55 feet of copper pipe in that thing.

Good stuff! Give yourself an intro (with lots of pics!) so we can all say hello. And welcome aboard! [cl

Just don't get that line near heat or sharp edges and your good - same with the bags. If you look at kits, go with the 3/8" over the 1/2" - unless you plan to hop it. Suicide Doors and Air Assisted have some quality kits and parts. As for bags, go as big as you can fit, they need less air to lift and ride softer. Slam Specialties don't balloon out and are built quality.

Thanks dogpatch,

i was thinking about running plastic lines inside some copper tubing to get the look and minimize the hastle..

we will see.. thats still way down the road on my build

You'll have a real hard time getting it around the bends unless you use 1/4 plastic line and you'll probably have to glue the copper or something unless you can manage to get the plastic through the bends after its all soldered up.

Latest posts

Back