Another newbie from Maryland

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pbakersville

Hey guys...and perhaps gals, I am excited to be getting into this forum after ending a 12 year affair with a muscle car. It was tough to say good bye but it was the only way to get my 29 tudor. I have always been drawn to then time and time again at shows and cruise inns. I finally woke up one day and said enough is enough. I swapped out the 69 Camaro for the 29 Ford and have never looked back.

This looks like an incredible place to learn and I look forward to seeing your projects and ideas.

Paul

well, let me be the first to welcome you to the RRR! and also the first to remind you we'll be a nice bunch of folks to hang around except when ya don't include pics!!!:D:D

now lets see that 29[P

HRP

Whoops, Here are the pictures

Attachments

• DSC_0187-2.jpg
    DSC_0187-2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0020-small.jpg
    DSC_0020-small.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0192-2.jpg
    DSC_0192-2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 19
Welcome!

Is that a Jag V12 in there??? I just happen to have one in my garage that I'm thinking about using. How does it run???

howdy

Always glad to see new rat lovers. Spray on a little b---s--t repellent and join in on the fun......... More pics, more pics, more pics,........ These members here are some very talented builders.......(as yuv'e probably noticed)
I know a man that was into the traditional rod circuit for many years. He also sold his high dollar car and bought a 1903 Rambler to run in parades only. He called it the ulcer circuit. Always fearing a scratch on his ride or taking 2nd place in a show....... Oh the woes of the rich and famous........[cl

I hope you're not planning on chopping that thing it looks great just like it is. Curious about the engine too, welcome to RRR you've found the right place.

Yup thats a 12 banger. 1978 Jaguar engine with custom cast aluminum intake holding a pair of Holly's. It doesnt run to bad, I am still working out the fuel mixture but you should hear that thing rev through the zoomies (ear splitting).

I wasnt going to chop it but I am toying with the idea. The previous owner built the frame and it has a TON of flex in the front end. I want to shorten it by about a foot or so. The thing has a 14 foot wheel base!!

Welcome to RRR, Pbakersville. Nice tudor & really like the Jag 12. Got some kin not far from you over in Smithsburg. My 2nd home growing up.

Cool, I remember Gardenhour from when I was a kid. My Aunt & Uncle used to own the old farm on 77 about 1/2 mile from 64. I remember when the High School was built.

Latest posts

Back