Anyone make it to the Detroit Swap Meet?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
I got there about 10 or 11 years ago and have tried to get back to it over the years. I'd either remember to late, or had a hard time finding any info at all. It seemed to me it was held in the later part of Jan. or first part of Feb. I remembered it earlier this year, but turns out I'm still a half a week late. It was held at a new place on Jan.7,8,9, Gibralter Trade Center (Mt. Clemens MI.). Used to be held at the Michigan State Fairgrounds in about 3 or 4 of the buildings.
Well maybe next year!!:(

Last edited:
Didnt know there was one there.But probably wouldn't have gone,been doing way to much driving in the last while and any of the local swaps always disappoint me,so I am scared to go too far for them anymore.Seem to have more luck finding what I need on kijiji and ebay.

Yep, I hear ya. The first and only time I got to it, the exchange rate was still around 35 cents on the dollar, which makes a big difference. You don't tend to splurge near as much. I still would have liked to go and get a feel what was being offered and the pricing though. It's been a fair amount of time since I was there, so it may have changed some.

Since they moved it to the Gibraltar trade center its a real small show.I miss the fairground days. I ended up going this year and there wasn't much stuff that appealed to me plus some of the stuff was over priced and sellers didn't want to deal. I wasn't trying to steal parts from folks, but I wasn't about to pay their over inflated prices. There wasn't any sheet metal at all which is mainly what I was looking for but there was a guy there with great prices on intakes.

There are some good shows coming up this summer at the Wayne county fairgrounds off of I-94 in Belleville, MI. These shows are usually pretty big.

Swap meet was a disappointment

Went to the swap meet and was disappointed at the items and the prices.... you can buy most if not all of the stuff they were trying to push as repo and for less money new..... I'm all for patina but unless it's a deal or you absolutely can't find a repop they wanted far too much for it.. just my 2 cents... and you're right, I liked it more at the State Fair Grounds..... much more there.... even project cars and ton's of sheet metal available...

Latest posts

Back