Army desert rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys,, got the brakes done this weekend,, and hope to have it mobile by the weekend,, if the rain ever stops,, my dailey drive quit on metoday, right in the middle of a monsoon,, had to leave it at my buddies housE,,THANKS MAD FABER FOR ALL THE HELP!!, so i got to go back tomorrow and work on it, there goes my wireing harness money ,, oh well when the cookie crumble just have crumb cake :D

well like i said got the brakes done, installed drive shaft, bunches of little thing,, finish up the reaend,, cant wait for the first test run!!!:D be finnishing the floor pans soon as i get my battery box mounted, it will be under the passenger seat!!

Attachments

• DSC00373.JPG
    DSC00373.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00372.JPG
    DSC00372.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00371.JPG
    DSC00371.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00370.JPG
    DSC00370.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00374.JPG
    DSC00374.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 55
Oh forgot to add pics of gas tank and bed

Attachments

• DSC00375.JPG
    DSC00375.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00376.JPG
    DSC00376.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00377.JPG
    DSC00377.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00378.JPG
    DSC00378.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 31
got my head lights today, 50.00 for them, and put my seats in fora fit, worked out great

Attachments

• DSC00388.JPG
    DSC00388.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00389.JPG
    DSC00389.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00387.JPG
    DSC00387.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 19
Looks like they fit great.

yeah they did the withe was fine, had to shorten the front legs a little ! the seat are out of a 1992 chevy surburban,, the ones you fold up to access the rear rear seats, my floor boards are flat, just a little hump right at the back of the cab, cause i am running a two peace drivshaft,.. everything worked out grat, i am planning on putting my battery under the passenger seat floorboard, the bottom of the seat folds forward, to access it,, just a trap door in the floor and thats it,

ok guys got the bed on today, battery box abd gas tank mounted,, sorry bout the pics, dont know what is wrong woth my camera,, but these should do fo now! RTD

Attachments

• bedpic1.JPG
    bedpic1.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 32
  • bedpics2.JPG
    bedpics2.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00414_edited.JPG
    DSC00414_edited.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 28
  • bedpics4.JPG
    bedpics4.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 46
Rev Tex, You have my admiration. You are working under less than ideal conditions, without a lot of fancy equipment and with, I'm guessing, limited funds, you are getting more done and keeping up the enthusiasm better than many guys with a full shop and a full wallet.

Rev Tex, You have my admiration. You are working under less than ideal conditions, without a lot of fancy equipment and with, I'm guessing, limited funds, you are getting more done and keeping up the enthusiasm better than many guys with a full shop and a full wallet.

I agree rev has the rat rodder spirit 4 sure, lookin better everyday rev :cool:

I agree rev has the rat rodder spirit 4 sure, lookin better everyday rev :cool:

Man your truck is coming together great. So what else do you have to get done?

thanks guys, i like to tell yall this, i came back from peru, in september and started this build, but the trtuh is it was built long before i got home,, there was many nights i lay in bed not able to sleep.so i began to draw this truck out on paper, designing things in my head, . i knew what i was looking for before i every got home, so for 2 1/2 months while i was there i was building it all in my head,, this build got me thru some tuff nights, when you are waiting on the lord, sometimes you need something to take up that time,, anyways ... thanks guys it means alot to me, RTD

thanks guys, i like to tell yall this, i came back from peru, in september and started this build, but the trtuh is it was built long before i got home,, there was many nights i lay in bed not able to sleep.so i began to draw this truck out on paper, designing things in my head, . i knew what i was looking for before i every got home, so for 2 1/2 months while i was there i was building it all in my head,, this build got me thru some tuff nights, when you are waiting on the lord, sometimes you need something to take up that time,, anyways ... thanks guys it means alot to me, RTD

I hear ya, I have spent many nights unable to sleep and thinking about all of the builds I had been working on really kept me sane.

better pics of the bed and gas tank and battery box

Attachments

• DSC00423.JPG
    DSC00423.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00422.JPG
    DSC00422.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00421.JPG
    DSC00421.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00420.JPG
    DSC00420.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 61
trucks looking good tex

trucks looking good man
I can't wait to see it pull in the driveway
what-cha got left to do

trucks looking good man
I can't wait to see it pull in the driveway
what-cha got left to do

thank man,, well not much left, wiring , plumbing, still got the radiator to fix, need a alternator, floor pans , tail light, just little stuff , rad hoses, soleniod, few switchs, ! think i am going to do the back half of the floor pans, with wood and the stuff towards the cowl with metal,, hopw to crank and move it around this week end

Latest posts

Back